Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

quicksilver targa top wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Default quicksilver targa top wanted

Well I guess we all get distracted everyonce in awhile, forget to do something VErY important like strap things down. So i'm looking for a quicksilver targa top if anyone is selling, or knows someone who is or might have one they would like to part from.

closer the better, I'm in New Albany indiana 5 miles from loiusville KY. So if anyone knows of any salvage yards that might have some leads please let me know.

Oh, yeah and I'll have pics soon, the top actually isn't to bad for something that got thrown in the air at 60 mph.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Default RE: quicksilver targa top wanted

As I've mentioned several times, with the silver, you will find grain and color varies to the extent that very likely a part you buy from another car won't match perfectly. Might be better off to have yours repairedor just get one any color and have a good shop paint patch it.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Zwaldo,

don't beat yourself up too bad. I did that twice on my first vette, back in '03. first time, it went straight up, and fell straight down, so the only minor scratches were at the very tips of the four corners. the paint itself was good. the second time, however, i was in the middle of traffic, just got off of an on ramp to a major highway, cars everywhere, adn the thing flew off in circles and flips. luckily it didn't hit anyone, but it was pretty roughly damaged. you could do like i did, and go with a glass top. not sure what those cost now.

try looking on ebay. even if you have to have it painted, you could probably buy any other color and have it painted fairly cheap.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:31 AM

I asked the local body shop if it was fixable, and they said I should just try and find a used one and have them paint it for like 200 bucks. the guy did say he had a glass one thats been upstairs for 2 years and had no idea what was wrong with it. he got it out and it's a 15 footer. it's got about 3 cracks in it, looks horrible, and didn't have weather stripping on it. I told him that I wasn't at all interested in the black top, but maybe he would be willing to "rent" it to me :P He said what the hell, gave it to me and told me to bring it back whenever, he's not doing anything with it. So I took the old weather stripping off my busted one, put it on this busted one and now i've got a workable top that keeps out the elements, atleast during washing. It will work for now, but I'm still looking for a quick silver top, or a top in good shape that's paintable.