Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

The stupid P0300 code, but a tiny bit different

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Default The stupid P0300 code, but a tiny bit different

Hello everyone. Sorry to be that guy that joins and immediately posts a question, but today it's simply necessary. Please, before attacking me for the search thing; I DID search and the results were all when the code persisted. On mine, it comes on during cold starts or right after I take off on a really cold day. But after a half hour or so of driving, it goes away. When it goes away (and even when it starts, it seems) it idles great. Nice and strong. It's had some engine work, but I just got it so I'm not totally familiar with what all was done. I know there's been some work done on the cam because the salesman wouldn't stop talking about it; but I feel like he wasn't neearly as knowledgeable as he wanted to seem to be. Also, when you take it out and the light is on, it doesn't seem to miss at all. Even at heavy throttle (scared to try WOT), it purrs like a kitten. A huge, yellow, very loud kitten, but purrs nonetheless.
I'm a fairly mechanically inclined type of guy so I'm fairly able to either do it myself or get a helper, so that's not a huge issue.
So that's the gist of it. 2001 C5. Standard for the most part. 6 speed manual. Just the normal removable glass top variety. Not Z06 and not convertible. Just plain Jane car.
So what thoughts do you guys have?
I truly apologize for any glaring errors in this post, it's early and I just got the day started.