Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Update-Dyno numbers for my add ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Default Update-Dyno numbers for my add ons

I've haven't been on here in a while...been gone (I'm in the Air Force) and among some other things going on. Anyway, I just wanted to post some numbers on here..after all...I asked a lot of questions about headers and exhaust. Here is what I did to my 97 Vette: SuperMaxx Exhaust by Dynatech (Long Tube Headers, Free Flow Cats & X-pipe) http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=2.36.5778, and Borla exhaust (http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140038/).

My baseline Dyno numbers (runs done at Shelley's Dyno and Performance in Spokane, WA): 291.8
With SuperMaxx system & Borla exhaust: 309.5

I was more looking for the "Sound"...but I'll take the extra power....she sounds bad *** now!

I just saw a post about cam/head packages at LG Motorsports....I'll be looking into that. I want to do some work to the innards of the motor......if anyone has any advice on that...please let me know.

Kevin

Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Default RE: Update-Dyno numbers for my add ons

I would have thought that you would gain more from that combination. If you get a chance to post a sound clip I would love to hear how she sounds with those headers and x-pipe. Have you upgraded your intake as well? Oh and as for the LG Motorsports head/cam package they have 2 different size heads to choose from. If you plan to keep your stock displacement then I would go with the 205cc, but if you plan to stroke the engine out then I would go with the 225cc. You can always give those guys a call, from what I have heard they are very good at talking to you and helping you find/buy exactly what you need. Good luck.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Default RE: Update-Dyno numbers for my add ons

PAY2PLAY,

I guess I wasn't really expecting all that much added power....20 at the RW was just a bonus to me...lol....the sound is worth it. I don't have a camcorder so it may take me some time to get a sound clip...but I'll see what I can figure out. I haven't done anything much to the intake...the guy at my Dyno shop told me that he hasn't seen a whole lot of gains from intakes.....I just put on a carbon fiber power duct...and did the "free cold air mod"...as in I cut away some of the airbox base...as I found in "Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance" by Christopher P. Endres. Yea...I think I just may have LG Motorsports help me out with some sort of package...I don't want anything extreme...I'd like to have around 500hp eventually.....just enough to make another car think about it....but not like 1000hp that makes my mileage go to **** when I want to cruise and enjoy driving it.

Kevin