SLP loudmouths?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Default SLP loudmouths?????

I have a 02 Z06 and it has corsa exhaust and I am thinking about the 4 tip borla stingers or the slp loudmouths just curious what everybodys thoughts were and do the borla's or loudmouths have alot of interior resonance at highway speed.
thanks

Old 09-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Default RE: SLP loudmouths?????

Just my opinion, but if you want to be noticed, i would go with the SLP. Stingers have a good, clean sound, but dont forget, it is still borla. Borla is a good name, but they are too quiet. Although i dont like to be noticed too often, i prefer the louder sound of SLP over the quite and clean sound of Borla. I say clean because SLP Loudmouths get poppy at higher rpms and Borla just sounds smooth all the way through. I have no clue about cruising speeds though, sorry.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:54 AM

One of the members on another Corvette forum site I sometimes frequent had a video clip of his Z06 with the SLP's on, and the resonance was absolutely unbearable in my opinion. It actually was so bad that he is taking them off in the next few days (if he hasn't already done so). I have to disagree with Matt about the Borla Stingers being to quite. Yes the SLP's are louder, but I think the Borla's have a very deep and loud sound to them as well. I have a video clip below the picture in my sig of my car with the Stingers on it, if you want to check it out. Also if you go to www.madvet.com they have some sound clips and loudness rating system for a lot of different exhaust. I would definitely check it out. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:41 AM

I guess I'm an old man here, but the SLP loudmouth strikes me as way too loud: aptly named, but not for me, I don't think a good vette has to be that loud to be noticed. And Pay2Play is right, there is a type of resonance that would be tiring on anything but a very short drive.

A better solution that will give you everything, if you can find a good shop to do it, is to have a set of QTP electric cutouts installed upstream of the mufflers in your current set up. It is a tight fit but people do it -- I'll have this done on my vette when next in the shop. Then, with the flip of a switch, you can open them, just a tad if you want to be noisy, or more if you want to out loudmouth an SLP loudmouth setup, or all the way for max performance, or close them completely on a long trip or so you can quietly drive alongside a cop car.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:05 PM

I just put the Borla stingers On my 98, and with the top up I would definately NOT want any more resonance than what I get with the stingers. I have only heard some sound clips of the SLP loudmouth, But I have to agree with the other posts, the resonance inside is almost un-bearable. And for a convertible IT WOULD be way too loud. Maybe like Lee said it's my age, but the Borla Stingers have a nice mean sound throughout , and very tolerable inside cruising down the highway.

just my .02 cents

Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 AM

Another ting you might want to look into is the billy boat bullets , there not as loud as slp's but louder than stingers by far , i love my bullits would want it any louder and im 19 , My buddy put slp's on and i agree with everybody else they are horrible on the inside id check into the bullitts,good fit, mean sound, cheaper tha borla , just my 2 cents..