Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

any problems with the c6's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Default any problems with the c6's?

I just sold my c5 and am looking for a new vette. I would hope that the new c6's would be better than my c5. Anyone have any feedback? I tried buying a new 2006 from more than one dealer and I think these guys have lost their minds. I can get a 2007 less than they are asking for a 2006. Does anyone think gm will have any incentives?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Default RE: any problems with the c6's?

here's what I am taking mine to the dealership to get fixed: the roof creaks on mine by the handlesand it is getting annoying, the gps is going haywire and freezes, the mp3 cd player on it keeps playing the same song and claiming it is moving to the next one

some of this can't be fixed but I don't like:
and not sure if all vettes are this way but a jack doesn't fit under it so have to do a quick plug and refill without taking the tire off (I hate plugs) ..... if you get one make sure to turn on the auto locking feature (oops there goes my ****) ...... you can park in the back corner of an empty parking lot and someone always parks next to you for some reason .... the paddle shifters seem to have a delay .... seems to quiet for a v8 but I'll fix that soon enough =) .... the GPS is useless in between sky scrapers and you have to turn off the voice on a long drive otherwise it will tell you "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101" "continue driving down 101"

very good upside: I have gotten 29mpg before on a 500 mile all highway drive (and this included over the grapevineby Los Angeles) with cruise control at 75? and mine is an auto ..... you can sell the tires off it when you buy it for enough money to buy non-runflats that don't cost $500 each and handle better ..... more that I can't think of at the moment since in class ......

Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 PM

Hi I have a 07 c6 6speed when I shift or place my hand on top of the shifter to shift to the next gear the stick had a thump or virbration in the stick the dealer said it was normal does any one else have this problem .

Old 06-16-2007, 07:22 AM

I have an 06 with the 6 Speed with the Z51 package and have had the following problems over the last year. . .

Roof has been replaced twice and was in the shop the first time for over a month because of a back order on the roof. I just had to have the roof replaced again because of the same problem with the recall.

There was a grinding noise coming from the right rear wheel when I made any turns and only when the car was cold. The fix was to flush the rear differential fluid and include an additive.

There have also been a few minor issues along the way but I don't care. This is my first of hopefully many Vettes and I absolutely love it.

I would caution you when shopping that most of the dealers I went to (S. Florida) have a "market adjustment" of almost $10K over the factory sticker. It's pure BS and like anything you have to negotiate it. . .

Old 06-27-2007, 11:02 AM

I got mine 3k under MSRP

Old 06-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Funny, my brother bought a06C6 corvette automatic and had the exact same problems! His roof FLEW off, and his differential made noise and had to go back to dealer to flush the rear end!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM

Just got my C6 A6 back from the dealer. They replace the rear clutch pads due to the rear end grinding noise. The first trip to the deal at 3,000 miles, they replacedsome fluid and this fixed the problem for about4,000 miles. This time, they replaced the pads. The second issue that they took care of was the roof.I was getting a lot of noise andmy serial number was listed as a problem so they completely replaced the roof. They had my vette for 1week and I was worried aboutdamage. They did a great job with the car and so far all of the issues were taken care of and no dings or scratches.Everything was covered inculding the rental car for the week. Mark Christopher Chevrolet did an excellent job!

With all of this said, I still love my vette and I will be a vette owner for life.