Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Best car cover. Maintenance schedule on new C6

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Default Best car cover. Maintenance schedule on new C6

Happy Holidays everyone,
A couple of questions or opinions on topics. First, advice for scheduled maintenance for 2009 C6 coupe ( oil changes, tune ups, etc.) I own the car soI want to keep it in excellent condition. Dealership was not very helpful with schedule. Do most corvette owners especially the newer models get oil changes every 3000 miles despite the computer's reading of oil quality? And where does most owners take their car for the oil change? (dealer, local service staion, lube and go types of places). Secondly, looking to buy an indoor car cover. Need recommendations for best indoor car cover.Any input would greatly appreciated. Thank you and have great holidays.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Best car cover. Maintenance schedule on new C6

The owner's manual outlines the recommended maintenance. Do it by the book. There is no need to change the oil more often unless you are racing, etc. Just take really good care of it and fix anything that goes wrong as soon as it goes wrong anything, and as soon. Don't leave the littlest thing for a while (tends to escalate).

Do that for your car and it'll do right by you.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Ice
Default RE: Best car cover. Maintenance schedule on new C6

I own a 2005 C6 convertible. I don't play around with the oil changes at other lube shops. I rather take it to the dealership where I purchased the car from instead of trying to save $5-10 at a lube shop. I know one of my partners took his vette and camaro to a Walmart lube shop and they have the same oil that is recommended for the vette and he had no complaint. I just prefer GM because they will do more than just change the oil for me. They will check around the car for small problems that Walmart aren't trained to do for you. My dealership told me to bring the car back within 6000 miles for the oil change. Follow the manual! With regards to the cover, check out the Chevy mall store on their web site for a cover. They have some decent options to pick from. I purchased my cover from a Corvette dealership in my area which cost about $125. It's not as fancy as the mall's cover but, it does the job just as well. The dealership carried covers for all of the C6s and under.[/align]