Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

It Finally Comes Out. Chevrolet Corvette Very Underrated Sports Car (According To Road And Track)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Default It Finally Comes Out. Chevrolet Corvette Very Underrated Sports Car (According To Road And Track)

[/align]
[blockquote]

[/align]

[blockquote]

[/align]

[blockquote]

The Corvette has always been a bang for your buck car in the world of sports cars. Although it seems noone, outside of true Corvette fans,considers Corvettes, when you think of high performance sports cars. Cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini,Porsche,Dodge (Viper),Aston Martin, Maserati, etc... get all the attention (rightfully so, for the most part), while the Vette is left out of the question (unrightfully so). Finally Road And Track, in their January 2008 issue,has come out andbrought it to the world's attention just how underrated a Corvetteis in the sports car world, when they compairedit (a 2008 Z51 model)to a Ferrari F430, a Audi R8, and aAston Martin for the best and favorite V8 engine and caron the planet! And to my surprise the Corvette's LS3 won the competition for their favorite V8 engine, although in a tie-breaker the F430 won bestall-together V8 Sports car.But they could not help but rave aboutthe Vette's LS3engine and its outright power, that never quits, and they also made it clear just how most people will underrate the Corvette, when it should not be! I agree with everything they said, most people, I know, don't think of Vettes as world class performers, except for a few that own a Vette or know everything it has to offer, and what the Vette is all about. So I just found it funny that it took this long for someone to come out and day it, that eveyone underrates our cars, I've always found that the Vette was underrated, not becasue I feel it should be, but because of how most of the people in the world view our favorite car!

Here's a link to the article: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6174

[/align] [/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]