Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Finally my dream car!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Default Finally my dream car!!!

Ok, so a few weeks ago, I rented at new 2007 corvette convertible from hertz. They had just got the car in the same day I rented it so it only had 3 miles on it. We rented it to go to a wedding about 300 miles away. Well needless to say, I fell in love with the car. Actually vette's have always been my dream car but it was a real nice treat to actaully drive one. Well, that was last weekend. This week, I took monday off for some minor surgery, and I guess after being on some of the good stuff meds, I decided to go down to my local chevy dealer just to see what they had id stock. Load and behold, they had just gotten in a 2005, all black an black auto corvette. The thing still smelled new. It only had 8299 miles on it. Well, I recently purchased a 2005 f-150, supercrew, 4x4 lariat with all the toys and I didn't want to get rid of it so I went ahead and purcahsed the vet. Now I have my two favorite rides. OK, so my dilema is... I want more horse power, I want to customize the interior just a bit and I also want to change out the exhaust and intake. But I am clueless has to what brands are our there and which are better. I rather concentrate on the exhaust first since the interior on this thing is super clean and immaculate. So, livinging in south florida, (miami), what do you guys recommend? It was cloudy today or I would have taken some pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Frank

PS. Did I say I'm absolutely in love with this car!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Default RE: Finally my dream car!!!

Sounds like my car. I put Borla Stingers on, a Halltech CAI and quite a few cosmetic items in the engine compartment. 400+ HP should keep you satisfied for awhile. If not, you could always look into a Z06. The LS2 engine is a great performing small block.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Well, for the interior purposes, go to www.vetteessentials.com They have loads of stuff for C5's and C6's. Also go to www.westcoastcorvette.com and www.madvet.com for all kinds of things for all kinds of 'Vettes. www.slponline has a few things too. On the exhaust topic, yes, I agree, Borla is definetly the way to go for exhaust, especially since SLP doesn't have a Loudmouth system for the C6 yet. Umm, I think www.motorsporttech.com also has some excellent performace upgrades for the C6.

Hope I have been some help, Congrats on the new ride bro, enjoy it.
Jonathan

Old 11-17-2006, 07:29 PM

And then, of course, there is Lingenfelter, for when you have lots of $$$ and want to definately do it right.