Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Front End Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Default Front End Cover

Will the Front End Cover damage finish on C6, would like to use one while traveling on the interstate or long trips.
Thanks,
Slideman

Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Default RE: Front End Cover

I have owned 1 (ONE) front end cover, or Bra as they are known, and I will never own another.
Some people swear by them, and many use them for exactly what you want to use it for.
I would just say be really careful. Limited use of these will probably be Ok, but the problems that many people have is they are not installed properly or do not fit properly.
You need a very tight fit, and a proper fit, otherwise at highway speeds if this thing starts flapping e around, even slightly it will damage the paint. They also have to be removed quite aften and cleaned, the debris however so small will collect under it, and the thing with this is once it is under there, and until it is cleaned out it is trapped between the cover and your paint.
Worked with a buddy of mine at his shop years ago, and we would see atleast a couple cars a month come in there to have the front end either touched up or re-painted from the damage caused by these things. This turned out to be much more costly for them, compared to what they would have paid if wewere justrepairing a stone chip or chips.Honestly quite a bit of it was from people just not knowing, or aware that they needed to be taken off occasionally, and cleaned but we seen it all, from the hooks coming loose while they were driving on the freeway, to them not be adjusted properly and flapping against the paint. Keep in mind they will stretch or shrink also due to the weather, so you need to constantly check the fit.
If you choose one, just be careful and use some common sense, check it often, and good luck...

Old 01-17-2007, 07:59 PM

I can understand an owner wanting to keep his or her car's apperance in top shape -- I spent over $2700 on paint for the aftermarket hood and front end on my car. But covering that with a $500 piece of vinyl seems self-defeating ( to me the cover is much uglier than a few chips in the paint). Cars are meant to be driven and they get dusty and dirty and dinged - they aren't works of art. That I buy and hang on the wall.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM

I have a 3m Clear film on the front of my car and it is awesome, it protects w/o the covering of the color. It comes in nine pieces and your local tint shop can help you.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:35 PM

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS STUFF. IT IS GOOD STUFF, AND WORKS PRETTY DARN GOOD. NOT INVISIBLE HOWEVER BUT PRETTY DARN CLOSE.