Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

How many C6 owners know that you must park them in reverse in order to shutdown the electronics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Default RE: How many C6 owners know that you must park them in reverse in order to shutdown the electronics?

The CAGS equipment on the car sucks horribly. I drive every day in Charlotte, and it drops the car into 4th at around 800 rpm, there is absolutely no power that low to get through traffic. The first "mod" I'll be doing is getting the Icags.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Default RE: How many C6 owners know that you must park them in reverse in order to shutdown the electronics?

Only the 2005 manual transmission cars had to be in reverse at shut off or the electronics would stay awake and drain the batter in a day or so. If you have a 2006 or newer car this does not apply. If you have a battery going dead on a 2006 or newer, it is either the battery itself or there is a draw coming from some other source.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Ok, i just purchesed and 06, and went to the car to find the batery dead. Did no t know the car should be parked in reverse. When i jioned this forum today it was my #1 priority to see if anyone had an issue like this. With an 06 do i or not have to park the car in reverse, or do i have another issue? Also both key fobs were left in the car, will this cause a problem? Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM

This only applys to 05 year model cars, the issue was fixed for 06.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Intern, how about leaving the fobs in the car, will this affect the car?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 AM

If you leave a fob in the car and exit the car the horn will "beep" 3 times, as far as I know this will be the only issue, I haven't heard of battery issues over leaving the FOB in the car.

I can see where this could be a glitch though, the computer might keep "thinking" about how the FOB is in the car and run the battery down, BUT as far as I know this hasn't been an issue.

To turn the "3 beep" notice off, go into your options when you see "FOB reminder" select "NO," this will turn this option off.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 PM

Thanks Intern, i charged the battery and the car fired right up. It's safe in it's new home now. I'll have to keep a check on the battery situation for a while. IS it possible for the battery to go bad after two years? It's the original delco. If so, what battery is a better option?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:33 AM

yeah its possible.. go to advance auto parts, they can check your battery for free.. chances are its just low though. A small trickle charger would keep things ready to go this winter if your not going to be driving it much..

Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM

Thanks intern again, i have the car home now and will just have to keep a chack on it. I charged the battery and everything is ok so far. Took it down for the insurance and state inpection today, what a car, the thing is amazing.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM

I left my 2007 in the garage while I went on vacation for 10 days. Came back and the car started fine, never left it in reverse?????

Sorry, just noticed someone stated it was only 2005 and earlier had that problem, I posted too quick!

Quick Reply: How many C6 owners know that you must park them in reverse in order to shutdown the electronics?