Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

New C6!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Default New C6!!

Hey All-
You have all CONVERTED a Ford fan- Congrats!!! Used to be a Modularford.com member; 2001 GT Mustang, 2003 Cobra.-- Sold them BOTH. Just purchased a NEW C6 Corvette Coupe in Yellow- Couldn't be happier!!!!!

If anyone can answer a few of my questions to help me get started....I'd appreciate it!

1) Any good installers in the Long Island,NY area?

2) I want to add the Cold Air Intake- Which is the best one out there?? Do I have to re-flash computer after doing this??

3) Does changing the thermostat make a difference??

4) Finally; I had a "killer" exhaust set up on my Mustang... Kook Headers;Slp X Pipe; Mac Mufflers--- AWESOME SOUND
Most important... Which Muffler(s) make the most power on these Vettes?? I do not want to BE DEAF like I was ... Nice little rumble at idle; at WOT a loud YELL wouldn't be bad... I have to be able to put into 6th.... and have a peaceful ride....

I know this was a LONG post w/ lots of requests; just very excited to start to MOD!!! Thank you all in advance...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Default RE: New C6!!

ORIGINAL: BigJay

Hey All-
You have all CONVERTED a Ford fan- Congrats!!! Used to be a Modularford.com member; 2001 GT Mustang, 2003 Cobra.-- Sold them BOTH. Just purchased a NEW C6 Corvette Coupe in Yellow- Couldn't be happier!!!!!

If anyone can answer a few of my questions to help me get started....I'd appreciate it!

1) Any good installers in the Long Island,NY area?

2) I want to add the Cold Air Intake- Which is the best one out there?? Do I have to re-flash computer after doing this??

3) Does changing the thermostat make a difference??

4) Finally; I had a "killer" exhaust set up on my Mustang... Kook Headers;Slp X Pipe; Mac Mufflers--- AWESOME SOUND
Most important... Which Muffler(s) make the most power on these Vettes?? I do not want to BE DEAF like I was ... Nice little rumble at idle; at WOT a loud YELL wouldn't be bad... I have to be able to put into 6th.... and have a peaceful ride....

I know this was a LONG post w/ lots of requests; just very excited to start to MOD!!! Thank you all in advance...
Congratulations.
1) There must be some but I do not know, live in NC.
2) which CAI is good for you depends on your budget. The Honker gets good reviews here.
3) Not enough to matter.
4) Kooks makes a good set of headers for the vette. I would go with the Corsa RSC exhaust if you want power or the SLP Loudmouth if you want noise. Or, you can install extra large cats (rather than run an off-road X pipe as so many do, and put on an off road cat back -- no mufflers. That is loud, but not as loud as you might think.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:55 PM

Hey BigJay
just wanted to say Congrats on your conversion from the FoMoCo cars.
I can say i have the Honker on my C5, and it was a fairly easy install and I love the added HP. I like the fact it re-positioned the MAF sensor, of course you won't have to worry about that. It is definately expensive, and not many good deals out there, seems it hold it's price for the C5 right around $500.00.
Also BigJay I installed the Borla exhaust, cross pipe back, and I'm happy with it. Nice little rumble at idle, not allot of resonance at highway speeds, and it growls nicely when you punch it.

Enjoy that C6

Old 10-26-2006, 11:21 AM

Thanks for all the help guys!! I am loving my new vette!!!! I feel guilty putting miles on her; considering the "break in" period is such a pain in the @$$ I just want to do things the right way... (Tempting to punch it though...let me tell you)

I am between the Borla and Corsa right now- Still can't get over how everything is double the price of what it cost me for my Mustang...ouchhh!!!

The CAI-- I know the Honker is where I may go... A shop in NY can install the Honker/Thermostat and upgrade the Tuning (Dyno) for $800! Pricey???

Lastly; any good websites that sell exhausts BELOW MSRP????

Jay

Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJay

I am between the Borla and Corsa right now- Still can't get over how everything is double the price of what it cost me for my Mustang...ouchhh!!!

Jay

That took me awhile to get used to also. man it seems like everything from shocks to swaybars, and Cold Air Intakes is double,Like you said . we call it the "Corvette Tax" LoL.
I have found out though shopping around for things helps. For instance i'm looking for shocks now, and Have found quite a difference in price with PeformanceCenter.com being the cheapest on the Edelbrock's. Also Ebay. I have been an Ebay memeber for several years, and there is definately some great deals there.