Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

playing mp3

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Default RE: playing mp3

ORIGINAL: aeronos

I have the factory navigation system with the CD/DVD player ... it doesn't play MP3's at all. What a piece of junk!
Impossible! I have the factory Nav also and put >120 songs on a CD. Can you play these MP3's on another machine? Would you by chance have recorded WMA's in which case, I am not sure if the unit can read these.

Sorry, was a little late in the thread. You can also download iTunes for FREE from www.apple.com. Any CD you have will be ripped to MP3. It may also convert WMA's to MP3.

Let us know.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:19 PM

Thanks my computer is old and when I tryed to do what you instructed it told me I could do this 30 more times.I'll get a new computer.The way I record now will play on all the after market head units that will play mp3.Thanks for your help.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 PM

Sorry SilverSurfer, but that is just not true, that's what i use since I have an iPod. I thought it would be mp3 also, but no, it saves it as m4u files. Makes no sense to me since it's supposed to be an "mp3" player. O well, this winLame stuff just dont work either, I'm about to give up.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverSurfer

Impossible! I have the factory Nav also and put >120 songs on a CD. Can you play these MP3's on another machine? Would you by chance have recorded WMA's in which case, I am not sure if the unit can read these.
Hmm, I'm curious SilverSurfer. Do you play your MP3s discs from your CD tray or your DVD tray (I assume yours has 2 trays)?

Old 12-29-2006, 12:01 PM

I should have made my question more clear.My 2006 has the touch screen display with nav.The head unit will play the songs but will not display the name of the song and group that I type in while burning.I can take that same disc into circuit city and put it in any head unit that plays mp3's and it will display what I typed in.I'm very dissatisfied with the factory stereo.Thanks for all your help.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: thumper101

I should have made my question more clear.My 2006 has the touch screen display with nav.The head unit will play the songs but will not display the name of the song and group that I type in while burning.I can take that same disc into circuit city and put it in any head unit that plays mp3's and it will display what I typed in.I'm very dissatisfied with the factory stereo.Thanks for all your help.
Hmm, that is odd. I see my titles. Now I also find that when you mess around with the files, it can screw things up. I use iTunes with my iPods so iTunes organizes my music files automatically in the proper folders. When burning, I generally take the entire folder of an album. this allows me to chose off of the touch screen or to play them all.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:29 AM

How do you get it in mp3 format? GAH
It rips mine as an 'm4u' file
whatever the hell that is

Old 12-31-2006, 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

How do you get it in mp3 format? GAH
It rips mine as an 'm4u' file
whatever the hell that is
Hey two thoughts that might help here that I forgot to mention.
1) When you're using Audiograbber, click the "FreeDB" button with teh penguin icon. THis grabs the album and artist info off the internet so it will display on your NAV unit in the vette.
2) To create MP3s, make sure you choose the MP3 settings in WinLAME. There should be a ton of choices, but MP3's will be one of them.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:42 PM

I GOT IT. That audiograber and win lame are crap no offense. I had to change in iTunes how to format it when it imports to computer from cd. Thanks a million for making me think of that SilverSurfer. Too bad the Fantastic Four are gonna get ya good

Old 12-31-2006, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

I GOT IT. That audiograber and win lame are crap no offense. I had to change in iTunes how to format it when it imports to computer from cd. Thanks a million for making me think of that SilverSurfer. Too bad the Fantastic Four are gonna get ya good
Thanks. I love the Silver Surfer. He became my fav Super Hero/Villain from the first Fantastic 4 comic book in the 60's. The new F4 will surely be awesome. I leached this from a website. I guess my head still hasn't caught up with my heart.

"When the planet-eating space God known as Galactus targeted the peaceful planet of Zenn-La for his dinner, native scientist Norrin Radd offered himself as sacrifice in return for the God's forbearance. He became the being's cosmic powered herald, and lost much of what made him human in the process. At Galactus' touch, even Norrin's flesh changed into impenetrable metallic-like armor, capable of weathering the rigors of space travel. On a surfboard-like conveyance, the Silver Surfer scouted the cosmos, choosing appropriate planets for his master's next feast. Without his humanity to guide him, will the Surfer choose Earth as Galactus' next happy meal?"

Quick Reply: playing mp3