Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Is Rwhp reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Default Is Rwhp reliable?

Hello, i'm wondering is there a difference in rwhp between the manual and the paddle shift06C6? i mean when i take my06 A6to the dyno would it give me the correct numbers? my number was 437 rwhp buti feel it should be above 470, i'm not guessing, actually i have a friend who has a manual 06 who made about 465 rwhp but he does not have the slightest chance with me on the street!! WEIRD right? and he is not the only one, i raced many other cars between 450 and 470 rwhp, and the results were very strange. Either my car has a demon that takes a nap on the dyno and wakes up on the street, or the paddle shift does not give correct whp on the dyno!!
I'm losing faith in RWHP numbers, help!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Is Rwhp reliable?

Hola Signor! =P~
awal shay.. eldyno el3atar si3rah min 35,000 KD - 55,000 KD enta titwaqa3 ennah eldyno elli 3indina cham si3rah? tekfa etha elgarage etdisha chinik dash zareeba w ent eb karama ya3nee elli 3indina a6ga3 dyno bel 3alam yesta3miloonah eb banagaladish yemkin!!
ya3nee la et9adig ay shay min ay dyno bel kuwait!! yegoolik wa7id 7a6 el vette malah 3ala eldyno ba3ad3 sa3at wala et6ig makeentah!! (2007 wokala elsayrah!)
ba3dain 3adi salfat enik 6ayif 9a7bik, a3arif wa7id 3indah Z06 (bone stock) 6ayif trans ram air (stroker) 1200HP shal3ah goomah w kha6!!! 3aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadi

madri enta shino 7a6 3alaiah? ma3tiqid yo9al 500 3ala elrear wheel bidoon supercharger! ana super, headers, pulley, vararam, cam khashin w thermo +550RWHP ya3nee taqreeban 660HP (fly wheel).. yam3awad shim dakhlek hal montada elfashil? dish http://www.corvetteforum.com a7san min hatha eb zalyoon marra! GOOD LUCK.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:02 PM

It depends on what you mean by reliable.

You definately cannot compare HP measured on, say a Mustang dyno, versus a Dynojet model dyno (they use somewhat different methods - people have different opinions on whichis more accurate but the correct answer is "neither").
Generally, you cannot compare dyno results taken on one chassis (rear wheel) dyno versus another of the same model operated by another shop -- say two DynoJet 240s owned by different shops across town from one another, although they will be close. Different operators, slightly different wear and tear, set up of the car on the rollers etc.

Usually though, you can compare results on the same dyno, say before and after mods are made, or between your car and another. If they are tested by a skilled operator on the same day the results are generally within 1% accurate: weeks or months about probably only 3% or so, maybe worse.

The best way to find a compareable number for HP on cars tested on different dynos is this. Have a baseline test done stock test done. Now, lets say your stock , 400 HP factory rated C6 did 355 RWHP when completely broken in but unmodified. Now, it does 437 RWHP. 437 is 123% of 355, so this means that a factory equivalent flywheel rating is about 123% x 400 HP = 492 HP. (This also makes sense because a ZO6 puts out about 445 RWHP and is 505 HP rated).
All you need to do is find out what your car (or one just exactly like it including engine, trans, and rear end ratio and tires, does on a dyno, stock and you can compute this is this way.)
Now, a buddy who tested his car can do the same. Let's say he also has a C6 but on another dyno it tested 380 stock. Now it does 465 on that same dyno. 465/380 = 122% --> he has 122% x 400 HP =489 HP equivalent.
You can't compare dyno numbers, but with this you can sort of compare these numbers (These cars would be too close to call actually).

As to why your car is much faster than cars with more dyno results, generally dyno results do not lie, at least not by nearly 10% (437 vs. 470), but again you should not compare your RWHP to theirs unless it was done on the same dyno by the same operator and yousaw both tests.
Reason for you better perofrmance could be, in order I would suspect:
-dynos don't lie but owners do -- maybe they are BSing you, or their test was without cats and exhaust connected and now it is running them but they aren't telling you that
- rear end ratio -- if you are running a performance axle ratio and they are running a different one it could matter a lot
- type of mods - generally, in "street races" supercharged or stroker cars do better than their HP numbers would indicate against highly modified naturally aspirated or turbo cars.
- better driver - maybe they are not good at shifting or launching their car.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Q8_C6

Hello, i'm wondering is there a difference in rwhp between the manual and the paddle shift06C6? i mean when i take my06 A6to the dyno would it give me the correct numbers? my number was 437 rwhp buti feel it should be above 470, i'm not guessing, actually i have a friend who has a manual 06 who made about 465 rwhp but he does not have the slightest chance with me on the street!! WEIRD right? and he is not the only one, i raced many other cars between 450 and 470 rwhp, and the results were very strange. Either my car has a demon that takes a nap on the dyno and wakes up on the street, or the paddle shift does not give correct whp on the dyno!!
I'm losing faith in RWHP numbers, help!
The A6 C6 actually dynos much lower than the A4 C6, and Manual C6 M6, something to do w/new 6 speed auto tranny and possiblegear ratiolosses, now the reason you're kicking so much *** on = powered or higher powered car is your gears ratio! the A6 final drive ia a monster easily = to a set of 3.90-4.10 after market gears which 1) kick ***, 2) steal rwhp on the dyno, so this could also be a reason for your missing rwhp.
what mods have you got? I just had 3.90 gears installed w/dyno tune on my C6 A4, it's a beast! beating much more heavily moded hp cars, got 358 rwhp 360 rwto CAI, bullet cat back and gears, The tuner showed me similarly modded C6's and gear ratio loss, I have an exceptionaly strong C6 A4, bone stock made the same power, so you see how the gears hide the rwhp, tuner explained power is still there dyno is just not calibrated for your/our aggressive gears..

w/3.15 gears others had 375 380 rwhp rwto w/=mods to mine A4 kicks ***, I wish I had the A6 though awesome beast! enjoy!

Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 PM

loooooooool Dashti a39abik !!
Leash m3a9eb? ya3ny ma tadry elkuwait deerat ba6ee'7 o 3agad?
o ana b3aref into ya eldishata elchevy sharekat obokom?
kil ma at3araf 3ala wa7ed 3inda corvette ela ye6la3 Dashti , ento tenwaldoon o m3akom Cowarvette?

loool nice to see kuwaities here anyway I'm Dashti to hehe
yala bye o BASKOM MGAWAM FE JNOOB ELSURRA AZ3AJTOONA !!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 PM

thanks for your over seascomments, oo ya36eekom el3afya for the local comments
oo kuwait_vette check ur e-mail .. sh9aar weyak ?