my c6 twin turbo convertabile

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Default my c6 twin turbo convertabile

im building i c6 zo6r i like converabiles but like the zo6 to so im building a convertabile zo6 with a twin turbo 10 lbs of boost and zo6 front and rear clips and zo6 wheel ill post pic soon [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Default RE: my c6 twin turbo convertabile

Very cool. It should be a great car. What engine will you be using? An LS7 crate engine or will you buy a block and have one built? I'd recommend you go with a built engine, both because you'll need the strength of the best aftermarket internals with that much boost, and so you can lower the compression ratio: at 11.25:1, the standard LS7 should only be able to take about 5.5-6.5 pounds of boost even with really good intercoolers, and then the timing is retarded quite a bit.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:42 AM

im going to do the stock LS2 with a good tune if it blows up so what i did not lose anything if that happen im going to go Ls7 twin turbo i was told the ls2 can take the boost
and handle 700 rear wheel hp but the tranz it the weak link
thanz for the replays

Old 10-29-2005, 12:01 PM

You can buy hardened half-shafts and output shafts for the transmission that will take it to 750-800 RWHP. Call Ed Potter at Lingenfelter. He can set you up. They are pretty cheap, about $250 each - labor will be more, though.

At 11:1 compression ratio the stock LS2 will only take about 6-6.5 lbs boost before you must retard ignition so much that you hurt output about as much as you help it with more boost. You can probably get to about 540 RWHP but that's about it. I hear stories of people who have more boost and get away with it by running very high octane fuel, but every boosted LS1, LS2, or LS6 stock block I've seen that went more than about 7-8 pounds cracked its pistons, or worse.

You might consider that nitrous eases stress on pistons (if set up right): the combustion takes slightly longer so the added power pulse is more even and thus lower stress. An LS2 with 6 lbs of boost (about 525 RWHP with NOS) and a 100 RWHP shot of NOS would probably work well if you did not abuse it too much.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:27 PM

nos is ok for c5 but the cpu on the c6 cant support nos it acttavates limp home mode if i could get the programing right without two much trial and error i would love a 50-100
shoot just becouse twin turbo nos vette conv would be the coolest ever
ill post pics and dynos as the project gos on

Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 PM

I've seen a 75 shot work fine on a C6. I'd check whatever you heard, because it works great on the one i saw, without re--programming.

Of course, one way of the other you will end up having to re-program the engine computer with the turbos, can't stay stock with something that drastic as a mod, so any good tuner can do the nitrous, too.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

You can buy hardened half-shafts and output shafts for the transmission that will take it to 750-800 RWHP. Call Ed Potter at Lingenfelter. He can set you up. They are pretty cheap, about $250 each - labor will be more, though.

At 11:1 compression ratio the stock LS2 will only take about 6-6.5 lbs boost before you must retard ignition so much that you hurt output about as much as you help it with more boost. You can probably get to about 540 RWHP but that's about it. I hear stories of people who have more boost and get away with it by running very high octane fuel, but every boosted LS1, LS2, or LS6 stock block I've seen that went more than about 7-8 pounds cracked its pistons, or worse.

You might consider that nitrous eases stress on pistons (if set up right): the combustion takes slightly longer so the added power pulse is more even and thus lower stress. An LS2 with 6 lbs of boost (about 525 RWHP with NOS) and a 100 RWHP shot of NOS would probably work well if you did not abuse it too much.
+1 .. with a compression ratio this high it will be hard to run hardly any boost at all on pump gas.With boost, timing is where the poweris at, alot of times you can actually make more power at less boost with more timing rather than more boost with no timing.

To run much more than 6lb of boost without detonation you'd either have to run almost no ignition timing or run 110+ octane all the time.. Even so you'll run into bottom end issues before long just because of the extreme cylinder pressure.. either a head gasket will blow, a piston will crack or the rotating assembly will let go with time..

Old 11-13-2007, 11:01 PM

I cant wait to see that