Tire Shop Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Default Tire Shop Recommendation

Hello,

I recently replaced my front tires on my '07 Z06 at the Mountain View, CA America's Tire. When I picked them up, they were sratched on the inside rim (presumably from the tire dismounting machine) and around the locations of the old weights (presumably from the guy carelessly peeling the weights off). I had figured the damage was due to the shop itself, as I normally took my tires to the Campbell, CA (Hamilton Ave.) America's Tire location. However, this morning I pulled off one of my rear wheels to fix a flat and noticed that my back rim, which the Campbell location had previously plugged/patched was scratched as well. So, I've now come to the conclusion that all America's Tire machines are unsuitable for Corvette wheels.

As such, can someone please recommend a shop in the Bay Area which will not scratch my rims? I'm looking for someone who has taken a C6 Z06 rim for tire replacement and/or plugging, has carefully inspected the rim after they got it back, and who has found no scratches or other damage to the rim. And FWIW, my wheels are the dark grey painted ones, which may be less durable than the chromed ones (not sure).

Many thanks,
Bryan