Corvette C8 Forum The newest version of the All-American Classic. 2020+

New C8 Dealership Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 05:58 PM
Default New C8 Dealership Recommendation

New to this forum and first post!

i have been watching the C8 since its release with an eye towards some potential concern areas such as the DCT, mid engine layout, etc but it seems the C8 is proving to be mostly well sorted. I am now ready to purchase and have spent weeks reading the many horror stories of shady dealerships and very long waits.

Would very much appreciate any recommendations, especially if that recommendation comes with first hand experience, of the best dealership to purchase from. Travel to the dealership is not a concern so the recommendation doesnt have to be geographically focused.

As of now I am set on a white Stingray 3LT convertible with the carbon fiber bits.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-05-2022, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. The top three Corvette dealers are probably the best place to start as they get the most allocations. Of course because of that they also have the longest waiting list. But they are all above board and sell at MSRP. Ciocco (formerly Kerbeck), MacMulkin, and Criswell are the top three. I believe they're all on the eastern part of the US. However there are examples of smaller dealers that don't get nearly as many allocations but because of that, they don't have really long lists. Some folks will get on one of the big three lists and also find a smaller dealer and get on their list too. Of course you always want to make sure that any deposit that you make which is typically $1,000 to get on the list is fully refundable. If you do go with a smaller dealer, you want to make sure that MSRP is in a hard signed agreement. There have been instances of dealers changing when the car gets there because they know they can sell it for more than you're paying for it. Then there are dealers that sell at MSRP but add on a package of things such as paint sealant, interior protection, etc for several thousand dollars more.

If you do get it from a a dealer that's farther away than what you want to go to get it, you can have them do what they call a courtesy delivery to a dealer closer to you. Or you can get a museum delivery which from what I've heard from the people that do, it's well worth the extra money.

I'm sure you realize that no matter where you go and pay MSRP that you will have it most likely 12 to 18 month wait. 😲 And it'll be a 2023.

Hope this answered some of your questions. If you have more, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:28 AM

Payens, other than what 73shark said, my personnel experience is to buy from a local dealer that I have history with and trust. I speak directly to the Sales Manager on my Vette purchases (going on #3) and he keeps me updated. On my other purchases (Silverado's) I work with the same salesperson who likewise is a straight shooter. The dealer is around mid-pack of the C8 top 100 sales.
Over the years I have dealt with several Chevrolet dealerships that have been less than truthful and I no longer waste my time with them.
I am currently waiting on my 2nd C8 (hopefully a 2023 delivery June/July) with them, but unfortunate I had to go to one of the Top 3 that 73shark spoke of for my Z06 order (probably will be a 2024).
So, if you have a good trusting relationship with your local dealer I would talk to them, if not go with one of the Top 3.
Southern8

Old 02-08-2022, 02:11 PM

Shark 73 and Southern 8,
Thank you both for the thorough responses.Unfortunately I dont have a local dealership that I trust so will likely take your advice and stick with one of the three recommended. I did recently purchase a 2021 Z71 Suburban but that was from a dealership in MD (Ourisman) but that is only because they were the only dealership that had a white Z71 in stock. However, the customer service has been lacking dealing with issues like incorrect tax forms being submitted for my state and not installing/providing a front license plate holder. I dont even want to count how many phone calls going back and forth with no resolution.

Hopefully in a year or so I will be posting again with pics of the latest toy!

Thanks again.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck and let us know how it works out.