Corvettes for Sale Selling your Corvette? Advertise your used Corvette to thousands of users here for FREE! Private ads only! No Commercial Posts!

2000 6-spd convert

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 09:11 AM
Default 2000 6-spd convert

Hello… I have a ’00 silver (blk top/blk interior) 6spd., convert available. I’ve owned the car for 15+ yrs. and it is an excellent C-5.

The car was stone stock when I bought it, and remained that way for 7 years; however, I got the bug to do “one more car” so I decided to modify this one since I knew it well and it was mechanically very sound. I wanted to end up close to 400 rwhp. I started in November of ’11 and rolled it out of my garage in Feb. ( ’12). The following changes were made at that time:

•Cam and Valve Spring swap…..Comp Cams #54-426-11 (.566/.568 lift….222/224 duration) and spring kit #26918-16 •LS-6 Intake Manifold •Hi Volume Ported Oil Pump •New… double roller chain/ sprockets •New… Water Pump/Hoses/Belts /Wire set/Oil Cooler •New… Calibrated/Balanced Z-06 Injectors •Long Tube Stainless Headers, “H” Pipe, and Z-06 Titanium mufflers

The car was tuned by Anti Venom, located in Seffner, FL. The process included 4 dyno pulls, and the results of the last two runs showed 390hp at the rear wheels. Since that time, I added a Vararam Cold Air Intake system, new 32lb Bosch injectors, and a ported 95mm throttle body. The car was retuned; but, the dyno was down for some work and the car has not been on the rolls since that time.

The car is a blast to drive, and most importantly, it is very drivable with great sounds that are not overpowering….no ill manners, no over-heating issues, no concerns about making it home if you decide to go for a long distance ride; and, it still gets almost 20mpg (Hwy) if driven rationally. The car has 68,000 miles on the clock, the clutch is very good, and the wheels/tires (2010 Vette chrome Spiders, with Nitto tires…absolutely beautiful). The paint, weather-stripping and interior are all solid “9” and a new, OE, black top was installed 5/2019.

The car is a recovered theft….stolen in NY when it had less than 8k miles. It was damaged, and although there was no structural damage, the insurance company decided to total it rather than rebuild the car. It went through three auctions and finally ended up in Tampa, where it was rebuilt and fully restored by the Corvette Shop in Tampa. I have owned 19 Vettes since I was 18 and have rebuilt 6 during that time….3 from bare frames; so, I have considerable experience evaluating and working on these cars. I looked this car over extensively and there is no evidence of damage. I have run it up to 140 and it is rock solid and arrow straight

Although it is a “B” title car, if you want a C-5 that is really fun to drive, looks outstanding, and is very reliable….this is a car to seriously consider. The car is located in Southeast Iowa, the price is $14.8k, and plenty of pictures are available upon request. Please contact me at: tonyduprey@msn.com

Last edited by Silver Vette; 11-28-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: missing information