General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

3 sp. w/OD in a '80 L-82 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Default RE: 3 sp. w/OD in a '80 L-82 ?

No worries, my friend, just thought I'd ask outta curiosity.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

God, I love hot rodding. I gotta get a bigger garage!
A BIGGER garage? I'd just like to have a garage!!! I keep all my stuff in a 40' shipping container. Have to do all my work outside.[]
Creepers work fairly well on a piece of 3/4" plywood!
Starship, I just put my second 30 x 50 prototype shop for my business and the only thing in it is a 24 foot retool project for a boat company in MO. your welcome to come for a visit and do your work in it. I have welders and a small mill and sheet metal forming roller. all the jacks and lifts you need too. as weel as air, hand and mech tools for wrenchin', Spray guns too, comeon down. we even have a spare bedroom for ya, unless of course ya want to bunk with coty, he'd like the company.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

God, I love hot rodding. I gotta get a bigger garage!
A BIGGER garage? I'd just like to have a garage!!! I keep all my stuff in a 40' shipping container. Have to do all my work outside.[]
Creepers work fairly well on a piece of 3/4" plywood!
Starship, I just put my second 30 x 50 prototype shop for my business and the only thing in it is a 24 foot retool project for a boat company in MO. your welcome to come for a visit and do your work in it. I have welders and a small mill and sheet metal forming roller. all the jacks and lifts you need too. as weel as air, hand and mech tools for wrenchin', Spray guns too, comeon down. we even have a spare bedroom for ya, unless of course ya want to bunk with coty, he'd like the company.
I don't "swing" like a monkey, and I ain't no kitty. I'll just lay a sleepin' bag out on the hood of the "Starship" and I'll be just fine. How about I send Coty a kitty for Christmas, think he'd leave me alone?

Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

he had one as a pet when he was about 2 years old. wouldn't let anyone touch it. carried him everywhere and slept with him on his chest. it was his binky 'til the cat got big and grew long claws. Didn't mean any disrespect just wanted to offer the shop and a nice vacation to TN. still open brother.

Old 09-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Didn't mean any disrespect just wanted to offer the shop and a nice vacation to TN. still open brother.
I know you didn't Bro, I'd love to go to Tenn. for a visit with ya. I got a cuz in the North East corner of Alabama I'd love to go see too. He was out here last year, took him for a ride in the "Starship", and scared the **** out of him. he don't know cars from "CARS". If I get a chance to "go south" I'll look ya up! Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it , greatly!!!
The wife and I have talked about a South Eastern run. She has people in West Virginia, that's where she's from. We're thinkin' Branson, Mo., to Nashville, then up to her old home in W.V. It would be acouple of years 'til we can swing it though. I'll warn ya if we're commin'!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

doors always open Dude. NE Alabama is about 60 miles away. went down there not to long ago for a tubbed out '70 Torino GT. loads of cool old cars just settin around down there. We need to get Topspeed outta Canadia for a road trip. Show him what the good old USA is all about.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

My cuz said sumpin' bout the old cars down there too. He don't have an "eye" for what's what though. He has some prop on a lake down there. I'd have to look up the name.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

When I get set, up in Idaho, you're welcome to come up. Great fishin' and the best huntin' in North America.
More different types of game than even Alaska. Can't wait to get my first Elk. People don't even bat an eye at a gun rack in your pickup. Even when it's full of rifles. One of America's truely great, last frontiers.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

loads of full salvage yards. fortunately they don't like crushin' them. There's a few here too. I love walking thru junk yards. I just got an old borg warner T10 for dirt cheap. and trying to talk this one guy out of an old 6 pack 413 wedge dodge. he says he gets more money for parts but nobody has gottin any parts from it yet. don't make sence. I told him thats all I want is parts...all of them.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Those "back hills" boys can be awful sherwd sometimes. Ya gotta know your stuff to pull teeth from them old bores.