Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Convertable Top Problem

Old 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Default Convertable Top Problem

I have a 2008 convertable top. When I put the top down everything goes fine until the deck almost gets to that final lock down position and then you can hear the electric motor continue to run and you can hear a very audible and rapid Tick-tick- tick sound, that continues until I push down on top the deck in the area behind the passenger seat and then it stops and the deck is fully locked down. When I go to put the top back up, the top gets to the half up position where it stops to wait for the deck to go back down and lock. The deck goes down but the motor starts that continuous tick- tick- tick noise until I again have to push down on the deck, right behind the passenger seat, to stop the motor noise and then the top continues down to the lock position just like its suppose to. This is my first convertible, so I am hoping one of you EXPERIENCED people can tell me where to start to fix this. Your replies are truly appreciated.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

While I'm not familiar with the c6 convertible top mechanism it sounds like the motor and the gear train may be about to go out.

Also you may want to post over in the C6 section to get more views on your problem.