General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No start issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Default RE: No start issues

WOW CWB!!! Thanks for that info!! While I am beginning to suspect the BCM may be at fault here, particularly because it appears to have control over most of the non-functioning items and says no communication,I'm not quite ready to condemn it yet. As far as the car having been worked on, it had an intermittent window operation problem this spring, so the local dealer repared/replaced something but I need to call and find out what it was. This was in April, though.

Now can someone explain what some of these mean:
10 PCM Powertrain control of modules PAGE 6-357 - 6-361 cathedral TIC

A0 LDCM Left Door control of modules PAGE 8-904 tons of 8-951

B2282 Battery #1 putrefies to DCM LEFT
B2284 Battery #2 putrefies to DCM LEFT

A1 RDCM right Door control of modules A PAGE 8-904 tons of 8-051

B2283 Battery #1 putrefies to DCM RIGHT
B2285 Battery #2 putrefies to DCM RIGHT

Almost looks like legalize! 'A page 8-904 tons of 8-051??????
Putrifies?????
Battery #1/#2?????

Thanks in advance!!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 AM

Another quick question: How many of these codes can be eliminated as being caused by the disconnecting/reconnecting of the battery and what ones would be erased by the same action?

I know! That's 2 questions! Sorry!!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:59 PM

You shouldn't get any codes flagged from just disconnecting and re-connecting the battery. I actually did this yesterday as I suspected I had some sort of drain on the battery but I now believe it is just the battery is on its way out.

I think you probably need someone with a service manual. I suspect the page numbers are reference to this (i.e. chapter and then page number). I am afraid I haven't got one of these yet so can't assist any further.

You could check the following out as well. The first link is a huge string of potential electrical problems which could help.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ighlight=B2282

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ighlight=B2282

Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM

a great soulution to your problem, if you or your friend arnt efficient or cant trace or hunt or follow electrical problems, take it to a corvette mechanic!!! from every thing i have read it sounds like an ignition switch is at fault, that is just what i gather b/c i have seen a few problems like it, the other possibility it that you have 100,000 wires in your car and mabey a bad connection, short , or a very important power wire grounding out. soo it is doubtfull that you going to find out where if you cant trace electrical problems your self your not going to find it, for a problem like that it is very hard for us to tell you exactly whaty it is. everything i know tells me a bad ignition switch or a short in the actual ignition swich(where you turn your key) my best advice is for you to call a reputable corvette mechanic at a dealership and tell him your problem and ask him if he can fix it for a resonable ammount,I would love to help you find it and im sure i could find theproblem in a few hours of tracing but im not there todo it
i know thismay not be much info but it great advice and will save you a lot oftime

Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Interested if you havesolved your problem. if not this might be of help.

I have expereinced similar problems on a 2002 C5 on a few occasions witb intermittent startting problems that look like a bad battery, bad ground or similar issues.

The first time it took some hunting down and ended up being the ignition switch. You have to remove the glove box, plastic surround for the radio HVAC and the drivers knee bolster to get to the ignition switch. Once removed you can snap of the green plastic cover and get to the contacts. A couple were black and some what pitted. I clean them up with some emery cloth and all the problems vanished (for about 3 months).

I have had to go thru the same procedure3 more times. The third time I replaced the switch itself but it came back again. Typically thing are find for2 to 6 months after the contact clean up.

I have not seen other post on this problem. So I suspect this is an uncommon problem (though very common to my car). Which makes me believe Im drawing to much current thru the switch because of some other underlying problem.

However once fixed the car behaves flawlesly untill I get the intermittent starting and code throwing episode again.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:32 PM

how do i post questions?

Old 05-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Go to the forum home page and go to the section related to your model year. Click on the "Start new thread" button. Give your thread a title and ask your question. Don't be afraid to ask questions, everybody had to start their first thread.