General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Shorts, limp modes, dying, HELP

Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Default Shorts, limp modes, dying, HELP

Say Boys, I'm new at this, I picked up a 2003 ZO6 and the previous owner wanted 'one faster'.<< Headers & CAM>> So the car was in 'our pool' for 4 months and I decided to buy it out!!! Now 120 miles later (from Vegas to St. George Ut.) it died.. thought it might be out of fuel, friend brought fuel, 20 minutes later, it started right up ..meaning it didn't have to draw the fuel from the tank ( fuel wasn't the problem) Then It stuttered twice after that the same day ...Had 6-7 mechanice look at it tried to diagnos Chevy could read the new program dialed with the new CAM)) next day, Drove to Mesquite Nv and it died along the way sputtered, poped, pooped, turned over real well, but 'NO Start' ,,, then 15-20 minutes later started. We Heard about the LMC5, had it installed while at the 'shop' it went into Limp mode??? ((Thats when the LMC5 was installed)) took it home, drove it for 3 days then it snowed, didnt drive it, next day it started right up but slipped into limp mode..Detached Neg- cable 10-15 minutes started right up and drove to 'shop', went into limp mode there, detached again, waited, started. was GOOD,,,, OH also the brake light blow the fuse, the flashers work, was one loose ground, But all was good 5 days ago!!! then all this shows up, while in the 'pool' it was jusr driven lightly around town,,, ANY IDEAS It's going in Monday morning for a FULL wire trace down for Shorts ?$$$? Yellow Eagle, Thanks Guys

Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Might check the fuel pressure. This sounds like a fuel pump that's going Tango Uniform.