General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Taking off c5 front fascia

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
cwb
Default RE: Taking off c5 front fascia

ORIGINAL: blueshark

LMAO! Your a nut...I don't think the stands will hurt anything. LOL!
Take the turn signals out? I know .....you have to go around your *** to get to your elbow with these things....geesh. On my '87 there are screws on the inside holding the fixture in place. In the back you have to lie on the ground and blindly reach up and use the eyes in your fingertips to get them out. Almost as bad as changing the dang bulbs. I still have scars from doing that. I'm getting ready to replace my left rear quarter and I'm not looking forward to getting it loose from the rear cover. it's got a billion rivets or screws all the way at the top. What a bunch of pin-heads the designers are. No wonder the '83 didn't work out. I wish I had gone to GM design school like my brother told me. I know I could have done them better. Hell! I've built more difficult boat boat designsall in one piece, that are easier to take apart. LOL! Oh well,....Tomorrow is another day.
Yeah -

Necessary vette tools:

magician
seein'-eye dog
homin' pidgeon
laser-guided smart wrench
workin' knowledge of how to stick tongue out of corner of mouth[sm=tongue.gif]

Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cwb

LMAO! Your a nut...I don't think the stands will hurt anything. LOL!
Take the turn signals out? I know .....you have to go around your *** to get to your elbow with these things....geesh. On my '87 there are screws on the inside holding the fixture in place. In the back you have to lie on the ground and blindly reach up and use the eyes in your fingertips to get them out. Almost as bad as changing the dang bulbs. I still have scars from doing that. I'm getting ready to replace my left rear quarter and I'm not looking forward to getting it loose from the rear cover. it's got a billion rivets or screws all the way at the top. What a bunch of pin-heads the designers are. No wonder the '83 didn't work out. I wish I had gone to GM design school like my brother told me. I know I could have done them better. Hell! I've built more difficult boat boat designsall in one piece, that are easier to take apart. LOL! Oh well,....Tomorrow is another day.
Yeah -

Necessary vette tools:

magician
seein'-eye dog
homin' pidgeon
laser-guided smart wrench
workin' knowledge of how to stick tongue out of corner of mouth[sm=tongue.gif]

Yup, But you forgot one....
Extensive knowledge of "colorful" language.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
cwb

Yup, But you forgot one....
Extensive knowledge of "colorful" language.
Yeah, it does get easier to refrain from such, after HE has spared the soul, AND, the flesh, from a head-on!

[sm=devilangel.gif]------> [sm=grinangel.gif]