New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

A childhood dream come true....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Default A childhood dream come true....

Well, my wife and I just took delivery of our '87 red convertible the other week, a culmination of a lifelong dream!! I have wanted one of these cars so bad all my life, and now the kids have left the nest, we decided to just go for it!!!

Much to my surprise, I have found that this car is MUCH better than I ever dreamed it would be!! A fantastic combination of technical engineering, power, handling and of course stunning good looks!!!! We are fully in love with this car. The intention is to slowly restore it to near mint condition and we have a great platform that doesn't need much to do this from. Thank you Chevrolet!!!

So, anyways, hello fellow 'Vette fanatics!! And many thanks to Chevrolet for having the foresight and vision to create and build such world-class and fantastic cars.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Default RE: A childhood dream come true....

Congratulations TopSpeed, I too have always wanted a Corvette. I expect to be purchasing a 99 or 2000 C5 in the next 12 to 16 mos.

do you have any pic's you could share.

Whats the best part of owning a corvette?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: corvetteaddict

Congratulations TopSpeed, I too have always wanted a Corvette. I expect to be purchasing a 99 or 2000 C5 in the next 12 to 16 mos.
Thanks for the kind words and good luck, my friend!!! There is no way possible you will regret that.

do you have any pic's you could share.
Sure, I'll attach a low-res photo we took on test drive day with our camera phone. We are going to take some hi-res shots in the next few days here, which will turn out MUCH better... but, for today, here we go!!

Whats the best part of owning a corvette?
Wow, that's a real tough question to answer. For me, I am a small block Chev fanatic of immense proportions, so the rumble of the mighty 350 is a big draw for me. As well, they handle SO well, sometimes it's surprising!! Chevrolet really really did a great job of balancing a complete total sports car with some luxury features. Our second day, we went on a 400 mile cruise for a burger, an' I tell you my friend, when we got home we were right ready to hop back into 'er and get rollin' again!!! These cars are not just fantastic at tearin' up asphalt, they are unbelievably comfortable to drive.

As for anyone who asks: go buy a 'Vette. Right now. Doesn't matter what year, or engine. Just get one!!! [8D]

Old 07-23-2006, 04:22 AM

Nice vette, do you live somewhere warm so that you can drive it year round? I hate the thought of having to put my vette in the garage for 5 months because colorado sucks!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Nice vette, do you live somewhere warm so that you can drive it year round? I hate the thought of having to put my vette in the garage for 5 months because colorado sucks!!!
Yes, indeed, we are lucky enough to live on the West Coast of Canada, on Vancouver Island. We hardly ever get snow here, maybe 1 or 2 days a year and the rest of the time it's either a bit rainy, or sunny out. So, yes, we do have the ability to drive her year 'round!! Like you, I do not like storing vehicles for an extended period of time. Cars like to be driven. 'Vette's LOVE to be driven. [8D]

So, I take it you will be storing your car later this fall? What kind of preparations do you do for storage? I have stored cars before, somewhat, and find that if you do your preparations properly there's usually not really any big problems. I sure hope your 'Vette will be OK for you!!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the site TopSpeed, its good to see that you are really enjoy that new ride of yours.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Welcome to the site TopSpeed, its good to see that you are really enjoy that new ride of yours.
Thank you, my friend, for the kind welcome! I'm about to embark on building a shrine in my garage for our beloved C4... does that make me strange?

Old 07-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

What's the best thing about owning a Vette?

G, FORCE the answer out of me! Ever seen a bullit, that can turn corners? Ever put on a comfortable slipper that will take you 500 mi., and your feet don't get sore? When's the last time the girls waved at you when you went by, in your Radio Flyer?

Heck, I dunno, that's a tough question to answer. Let me know if you come up with one!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

What's the best thing about owning a Vette?

G, FORCE the answer out of me! Ever seen a bullit, that can turn corners? Ever put on a comfortable slipper that will take you 500 mi., and your feet don't get sore? When's the last time the girls waved at you when you went by, in your Radio Flyer?

Heck, I dunno, that's a tough question to answer. Let me know if you come up with one!
ROFL!!! Beauty, my friend!!

Another thing? Meltin' the skin off'n yer face when ya mash the gas peddle! How 'bout how the car looks like it's doin' 300mph just standin' there all parked-like?

How 'bout it makes my heart flutter every time I see it?

These babies have transcended the ol' "it's a car" adage, and have well moved into the realm of the magical and mystical, in my books.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 AM

8 days into ownership of my new/used 02 coupe and I still get up in the middle of the night, walk downstairs, open the door to the garage, turn on the light and giggle to myself.

It just aint right to be this damn giddy, right ? hehe

These autos are something special !

[sm=hail.gif]

Quick Reply: A childhood dream come true....