New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Hi. Should I buy a Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Default Hi. Should I buy a Corvette?

I have owned Mustangs, a Camaro SS, a TransAM, an 04 Terminator, and the list goes on. My next door neighbor has a nice Z06 and it always looks nice. I know nothing of the trims Corvettes come in.

How much is the Corvette below worth? Should I be looking for certain options or trims instead?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...01#post7318201

Tell me what you think about this car and how much it is really worth in today's market.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Hi. Should I buy a Corvette?

That's not a Z06. A Z06 has a fixed roof. From the list of what the car has, it sounds like it's the base vett with the Z51 performance package. My year '07, that means bigger brakes, cross drilled rotors, better tires, tighter suspension, different manual trans gear ratios, oli cooler, power steering cooler, and maybe a thing or two I'm forgetting.

When I bought it was less than $2,000 for that package. For what I value that was a screaming bargain for all you get. When it comes to electronics like GPS, XM, heads up dispaly, etc. the price goes way up. If the car has those things that would bring the price up.

Do online searches on yahoo autos, etc. and see what they are going for.

BTW, I have owned 82 and 89 Must GTs, and a 97 Must Cobra. While those were very good cars they don't compare very well with my 07 Z51 6 speed. I consider myself more of a Ford person, but this car is converting me.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Default RE: Hi. Should I buy a Corvette?

That is an okay price for the car, which seems to be a pretty standard model with some performance options a good car and apprently in good condition.

Corvette's bigadvantage is that it will give you a lot of performance for the dollar more than you can buy for half again as much money anywhere else: its not terribly well built (compared to, say a Porsche), and while its not ugly its not as beautiful as a Maserati or the best Aston Martins or Lambos (but then, neither are Ferraris). Regardless, it is a hell of a bargain, damn fast if manhandled a bit, and a wonderful platform for hot rodding you can mod them successfully and reliabily for not too much money and have a lot of fun.

Buying one a couple of years old makes sense. They don't depreciate much after that so you really are getting a good bargain both when you guy and when, eventually, you sell her.