New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

How to convince my mom to get one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Default How to convince my mom to get one of these?

Hi new user here.

Just can't resist registering here as well.

Not a big fan of America cars. Family had a Dodge 7 passenger mini van b4 and that wasn't a good experience. From then on which was a long time ago we never got another American car. Dad thinks American cars are uncivilized and unreliable because from the previous bad experience with Dodge. Right now he drives a 996 TT modded and had a few fast cars before that too. Lately he seen the reviews of the Z06 and emailed me some Video as well. He is thinking of getting a convertible for my mom which is more like a Boxster S because she wants her next car to be a convertible. However seeing the price of the new Z06 is price pretty similar to the Boxster S maybe I should try to convince her to get the Z06 instead. My dad knows that the Z06 is the bang for the buck and maybe that will change his perspective. But one sh!tty deal is that GM doesn't allow test drive????? That is just plain weird. I mean we go into a Porsche dealership and we get to test drive basically whatever we want even in the Turbo and that is no problem what so ever. So what’s the deal with the Z06 if you know what I mean? If we do get the Z06 hopefully it isn't another Dodge experience which is problems after problems after problems.

Really want to test drive one to know how it feels before we buy a car. Well actually we didn't test drive the Turbo because b4 that he had a 996 C2 and is a trade in.

Do you guys have any good suggestion as to how to convince my mom to get the Z06 instead of the Boxster S hehe?? Any comments welcome.

Seriously I think the Z06 is an awesome looking car.

PS she is driving a German sport car right now so driving manual isn't a problem for her.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Default RE: How to convince my mom to get one of these?

That is a tough one in my eyes. To go from a German engineered rear engine car to a Corvette. I for one would choose the Porsche, no offense to anyone with a Vette though.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Administrator

what is the german car? my dad is considering ditching the porsche for a new vette, but hes 68 years old, and i dont forsee him going away from the comfort of the bimmer.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

what is the german car? my dad is considering ditching the porsche for a new vette, but hes 68 years old, and i dont forsee him going away from the comfort of the bimmer.
She currently drive a bmw M3 with a manual tranmission.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 AM

One problem you may run into is that the Z06 is not a convert., its hard top only. Aside from that its going to be tough to overcome their past run-in with American products. All you can do is show her reviews, pictures, and videos of the new Z06 and hope it helps her. Good luck and welcome to the Forums.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:59 AM

**** that really sucks if they do that. I mean Boxster S by no mean is a bad car. Hell it is an excellent car to drive i bet (never sat in one yet.)

God i want my mom to get the Z06 over the Boxster S. The deal is just too GOOD!!! Under 80k can have a car that is just a tad slower than the CGT, faster than all the lambos, and hell it comes with 6pot/4pot brakes from factory. I mean there is NO NEED FOR MOD at all!! Well ok maybe headers and exhaust but i mean mods for covetter is very cheap in comparison to porsche where just an exhuast can cost u in between 5-10,000 bucks!

How i look at it is that it is a affordable super car. And it IS a super car. Super car doesn't need to have super price tag but the performance is right up there. I will be honest with u all though, from the first day i saw the Z06 pics (the pre product tease pics hehe) i was already IN LOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEE!!!!!!

Man i think it will be way cool to see my mom driving a Z06. I just can't imagine it but 505hp maybe a little bit much for her but she always like fast cars and i guess with this kinda hp she don't need to ask for another car for a while! Best thing is i can take the car out anytime i want to Not that i m going to claim my own car because really it isn't, but it is fun to drive and killing all the exotics that i see on the road hehe.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Administrator

hmm..i wouldnt get out of the M3, but thats just me...