New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Default Introducing myself

hello all. I've been posting and reading the forums here for a couple of weeks now. I bought my first Corvette about the same time. its a red 99 with every options and a 6 speed. I hope I don't put over 1000 miles a week on it anymore, just like I did with the last car I bought myself, I'm driving it too much at first! but its fun.

I just graduated from Virginia Tech as a Computer Engineer. when the GM guys came to campus to recruit engineers I got a poster from them of red C5. I put it up above my multi-computer setup where I do all of my school work. that poster served as my motivation though school. The work got hard at times engineering school tends to do. And I used the poster to remind myself what I'm working so hard for. I worked long and hard for many years, spent a few sleepless nights getting stuff done, got a good job, and decided it was time for my reward! so I bought myself a graduation present.

back home my driveway is covered in cars. I have a
95 Taurus
96 Taurus
94 Silverado
03 Windstar
99 Honduh something or other. I can't tell, they all look alike
86 IROC-Z28
99 Camaro Z28
68 fully restored GTO
and last but certainly not least, the first car I ever bought myself just after my freshman year at Tech, a 97 SHO. that car really has a special place in my heart. in every way the Vette is the superior car. its faster, correct wheel drive, manual transmission, smaller, and to top it all off it gets much better fuel mileage haha. There isn't much aftermarket for an SHO so modifying it is hard. but I did what I could. its got the V8 of course, and I put a cutout on it among other things. its pretty awesome to be in a 4 door sedan with blue Ford ovals on it and have the exhaust louder than any Camaro or Mustang on campus. When I bought my vette the guy asked me if I had anything to trade...I told him no way, I'm keeping that car forever.

I'm looking forward to getting as attached to the vette as I am to my SHO, no problem there, I'm already hooked on it!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Introducing myself

Welcome to CF!
We'd love to see pics of your stable!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:02 PM

You sure have a loooonnnnnnggggg driveway and a pretty good basketball team. Harleyboy

Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to meet you. I'm George. Gatcha a few cars there huh? glad to here it. You will undoubtedly enjoy the vette. don't forget the wave. cheers.

PS: way to go on the studies.[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 12:45 AM

Hey bro, I would like to hear about your schooling and degree and what it took, because I'm 15, gonna be 16 in about a month and that is EXACTLY what I want to do, except I'm going to do it at Clemson. I hear if you do good and you get that degree then you will most likely get picked up right out of college.

Anyway, Congrats on the new car, I know how it feels seeing as how I just got one for the combined Christmas/Birthday present.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 AM

WHAT A POSSE THERE
Welcome!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Welcome to the site and congrats on the newest addition to your starting line-up. We would definitely like to see some pics when you get a chance.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM

how do you post pictures on this thing? haha I uploaded a couple but I don't see how to put them into my post. maybe they will appear automatically?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 PM

Just graduated from Virginia Tech huh? Where abouts do you live now? I live in Virginia Beach, which is no where near 'Tech, but a lot of people that went to 'Tech dont live anywhere close lol. Welcome!

Matt

Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Just graduated from Virginia Tech huh? Where abouts do you live now? I live in Virginia Beach, which is no where near 'Tech, but a lot of people that went to 'Tech dont live anywhere close lol. Welcome!

Matt
I've lived in Roanoke for many years which is about an hour away from Tech. I lived there and commuted into school for my last semester even because the way my classes ended up laying out I only had to be on campus 2 days out of the week. but after I graduated I moved to Chesapeake which is where I am now. So actually I'm right in your area! I bought my C5 from a dealership in Virginia Beach (and I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy anything from them, but that's a topic for another discussion!)
So far I'm getting used to the area. I know most people think I'm crazy when I say it but its way too hot here for me. I'm a big fan of winter time and winter weather. The mid 70's we've been getting here lately are what I'd like to see in the middle of summertime. This time of year I want some snow!
Good to know there's someone else in the area!