New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Default New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 58 year old male from southeast Texas. Just purchased my dream car...an 05 C6 convertible, automatic, black exterior with grey interior. Always thought that a vette had to be manual transmission...i must be getting old, i drove a 6-speed and it wasn't as fun as i remember..lol automatic trans is great.. Taking the vette to Motorsport Tech in Houston on Monday for cold air induction, headers and Borla exhaust...can't wait to unleash the beast....ya'll drive safe

Old 01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Default RE: New Member

Welcome. I'm roughly the same age as you. Love to see older guys on the forum: nothing wrong with younger people but they have a different perspective and interests. I grew up a bit SW of Houston and lived in TX until I was about 32, but now live in NC.

Congrats on your car, if you're like me you had to wait years while you paid for college educations, etc., before you could afford one. It sounds like you have a really great car. As to the automatic, I understand what you mean: I recently bought a Porsche with an auto - it makes a lot more pleasant in daily driving. But I personally love to shift gears when I'm driving for fun.

I've bought a lot of parts from MTI (Motorsports Tech in west Houston) over the years so I know you're dealing with a good outfit and friendly people who really know GM engines and cars - you will be pleased with the result. CaptVette (on this forum) lives in Corpus which is not that close to you, but close enough that he went to MTI, but he had a lot of work done my MTI on his car recently and is very pleased.

One thing to note: modifications to a 'vette are kind like eating Pringles - bet you can't do just one. Planning, thinking about, having it done of doing it yourself is just a lot of fun and a good hobby. But it becauses incredibly addictive. My 'vette stayed stock for 17 days, then it was LT headers and a cold air induction. Now, three years later, I've spent more on mods than the car cost new (you can see it in the gallery, where I hope you'll post some pictures of your car).

Anyway, again, welcome and I hope you will be active on the forum.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 PM

Thanks for message Lee. Yesterday, Monday 1/9/06, I took the Vette to MTI in Houston and had some mods done on the car. Callaway air intake, long tube headers, x-pipe and Borla exhaust. Then they put the car on the dyno and re-tuned the computer. Very impressive gains in hp and torque!! I could hardly believe the difference WOW!! Now my dream car is even more thrilling to drive..take care everyone and drive safe (fast but safe)!!

Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 PM

Welcome to the forums. I don't think I've heard of anybody modding a car that soon after buying it. You gotta get us some pics of her, and by the way what where your dyno results?

Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 AM

Well all I can say is that I couldn't help myself. After visiting MTI and talking to David, I knew I had to do something and quick!! lol Man, am I glad I did...I REALLY love the way the Vette performs now (of course, it did very well in stock form). As far as dyno results go, before the mods it was putting out about 338 RWHP. After mods 365 RWHP. I'll post pictures after I do a couple of mods regarding the paint. Right now it's just a black convert with grey interior. Going to do a little something to make it stand out...ya'll drive safe now!!