New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

new member need help, have no clue about Corvettes

Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Default new member need help, have no clue about Corvettes

hi guys,
my name is kristin and i have a 2005 yellow covette. my ex boyfriend is a jerk and ripped out the glove compartment and also the arm rest of my car, took the owners manual, all the floor mats, the net for the truck, and also the rolling cover thingy for the trunk, amongst other things.

i was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do? should i bring it to the dealer and have them fix it? i'm afraid that it would cost too much? is there an aftermarket supply for stuff like that?

thanks,
kristin

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Default RE: new member need help, have no clue about Corvettes

Wow, what a jerk. I'll take you off of his hands (for some left seat time in the car, of course). The dealer can get you just about everything, but I would try Corvette America, MidAmerica Motorworks, and Ecklers before I spent any $$$. Floormats are easy, as is the cargo net. Arm rest might be tougher to avoid the dealer on (with a newer Vette). Owner's manual is super easy, and might even show up on ebay. Check eBay for some decent pieces for the interior as well, you never know.

bill.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM

thanks!! i'm gonna go look up the companies you recommended right now. all i know is my car is yellow and it is a 2005 model, non convertible. is that all the info i need to know when looking for parts? are there different models to corvettes?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM

There is the C06 (most of them) and the Z06. If you have a Z06, you'll have emblems on it that are pretty obvious. In the door jamb, you will find a sticker or hunk of metal with the interior and exterior color codes, though with corvettes, they are pretty obvious. Not too many combinations for any given year.

bill.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM

that was super helpful! i have the C06 thanks a bunch!! btw, i went to get an estimate of how much damage was done to the car and it's gonna be about $5K. he ripped out the nav and the disk changer, and everything that were on hinges too

Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 AM

What a moron!! You should report it to your insurance company and let them know that you believe he was the culprit. Your insurance should cover the damage, less the deductable, (maybe-I'm sure the car was parked at the time and may qualify to waive it) and let the insurance company go after him. Check it out with your agent. You have nothing to lose and a whole lot of money to gain!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: watwheel

What a moron!! You should report it to your insurance company and let them know that you believe he was the culprit. Your insurance should cover the damage, less the deductable, (maybe-I'm sure the car was parked at the time and may qualify to waive it) and let the insurance company go after him. Check it out with your agent. You have nothing to lose and a whole lot of money to gain!

[sm=goodidea.gif]

You will probably have to file a police report if you haven't done so already, but this is the correct way to proceed with this issue.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Kristen

you're right, he is a jerk. here is what you should do: get an estimate of repair from the dealership. then go to the police department and file a vandalism complaint against him. also, file a small claims lawsuit. i guarantee you, before court, and after bail is posted, he will be begging you to take his money. when he does, make sure that rental car fees are included in your demands. How dare he, deface that beautiful car! He should be punished!

Barry

Old 12-15-2008, 05:06 PM

wow, that sucks. What an *******. I would try to get the stuff from an aftermarket site. If you go into the dealership you are going to drop way more $$. That is if you can get the items and put them in yourself. I am not sure on how well you are capable of doing it yourself, but you could always find a friend to help and a haynes manual.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the helpful insight I really appreciate it! I finally got a picture of my car!!
Name:  IMG_1489_crop5.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  38.5 KB