New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Time to Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Default Time to Go

Guys -

Acouple of times before I've bid a fond "good-bye" to the forum, butthis time is different: I don't own a Corvette any more. I looked hard at an '08 today, one just the way I wanted it: 436 HP LS3, paddle shifter auto, Z51, 4LT interior, etc. Right at $60K drive out, which frankly is a bargain. The new steering is really good, the power and smoothness of the LS3 is exceptional, and the 4LT all -leather interior is almost as good as that in the $100,000 XLR-V.

But I passed on it, and probably on ever owning another 'vette: for me at least, cost had nothing to do with it one way or another: driven back to back, I just decided a four-year old Porsche is just a better car than the '08 -- not faster is a straight line, certainly, and not faster through sweeping canyon curves, perhaps, but better overall for me as a daily driver.

My business is absorbing more and more time. And I have grown tired of answering the same technical questions over and over again and there are other people of this forum that can do it just as well.But then there are the idiots and the macho pretenders -- everyone on the internet is rich and famous and drives the fastest car in the world and they all seem to want to pretend and bull**** here. After a while you (or at least I) find this really tedious.

So, without offense to any, and thanks the many like Starship and Pay and Rita and Chargedvette, and others I don't have time to thank, live long and prosper.

It's been fun.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Time to Go

Lee realy hate to see you go.But enjoy your new car and stop in to say hi. Good luck

Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Good evening,Mr. Wills.It's a shame you're leaving us here at the forum.I realize we have our private lives and all that comes along with them.You have been very knowledgeable about our cars and gave all of us,I believe,insights on things we may have had difficulty finding out for ourselves.I am sorry you do not plan on owning another Vette,but the 911 is a VERY worthy automobile....it and the Vette have been competing and duking it out for over 40 years......and each one has evolved into the wonderful cars we can all enjoy to this day.On a more serious note from me to you,sir,may the Good Lord Bless and keep you and yours as you continue with your business...and the business of life.Should you ever decide to pop in and say hello,please know that I shall still be here to reciprocate.I really wish you the very best in all your endeavors.Always a friend...Joe.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Lee,
It really saddens me to hear of your leaving. [&o]Your tech and engineering prowess has informed and at times even amazed me. Your input on laser igniton really got my ol' wheels spinnin'.
( I'm still ponderin' over the idea. )
I'm not rich, except for the great friends I have made here on CF, and you being one of the best. ( and I'm hardly famous, infamous maybe.)
Thank you for your kind words and wisdom, you will be greatly missed. And, thank you for not just disappering without a word.
I understand your point about, ".....then there are the idiots and the macho pretenders -- everyone on the internet is rich and famous and drives the fastest car in the world and they all seem to want to pretend and bull**** here. After a while you (or at least I) find this really tedious."I have tried, to never come across in that manner. Ya, I B. S. sometimes, but I try to do it in fun.
To me, you will always be "The"Vette owner.
It's gonna take a lot of us, just to fill your shoes.
Stop in sometime and say Hi.
God bless you Lee, and may the "G" forces be with you my Brother.
C3 Starship
aka
Dave

Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Lee, I to will miss reading your posts and learning fromall the greatknowledge you possess. You don't have to own a Corvette to be here. I wish you good luck in anything you do and just remember you work to live not live to work. Stay well, stay safe. Cheers, George

Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
pg

Sorry to see you go Lee Willis, You heve deep pockets and youre out for bigger test, then so be it! Try to check in now and then to help us out. PG

Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 AM

Although I realize you said you were done owning Corvettes, be sure to let us all know when you get a new one! Even though you wont be here for fresh new posts, your advise will still be here in past forums (just harder to get to). Best of luck on the business!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Again Lee, I hope nothing but the best for you and your family. You made an impact on me and I'm sure a lot of people on here. Good luck with the business and have fun with the Porsche.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Lee, it is sad to see you go, but there come a time when we all have to make decission for the better of ourselves and our families and I can only respect that. I have enjoy your conversation and unlimited knowledge over the past 2 years and have learned a great deal from you. Remember you are always welcome here, Vette of not.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 AM

I am so sorry I missed this post, until now. Lee has been so helpful to me on several occassions and so extremely generous of his time to all of us.Lee would graciously givedetailed and lengthy explanations toour problems and I have theutmost respect for him. I will pray for Lee, his family and for Lee's good fortune inhis future endeavors. Lee will be missed.

Happy trails, Lee!