Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Another Confused Corvette Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Default RE: Another Confused Corvette Owner

ORIGINAL: blueshark

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

... I will send you the drawing as soon as I figure out how you can view them.(Auto Cad).After all it...
I'm just a user.. but how about.. have it in front of you.. hit 'Print Screen'.. open 'PAINT' hit edit paste.. then.. save as.. .jpg.

Will print screen work in autocad? if so this should get you a quick pic.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps that will work. for some reason I remember MS Paint and/or MS word will open Acad dwg's. I'll try these and see. Thanks

Old 12-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Hey George,
I kinda see the air foil we were discussing. How about puttin' the inverted wing on that rear piller? Hmmmmm?

Actualy I was doing some drawing and it looks almost identical to that just slightly wider stantions and a little shorter. I was trying to incorporate the factory C4 wing that I have. (I will be molding that also if any one is interested in one for their C4), with the moveable side, turned downalirons/stabelizers attached slightly lower on the sides. and since your C3vette has a detachable rear bumper cover/tail light housing I was thinking of molding it as one piece so you wouldn't have to ruin your rear fenders to install it with the inner braceing extending down to the frame inside. I will send you the drawing as soon as I figure out how you can view them.(Auto Cad).After all it is for you and the final discision is up to you. Is the rear bumper cover on your '80 the same dimentions as a '74?
The 14" height, would give me clear rear vision. As far as combining it in with the rear bumper cover, that's a great idea! I have to replace it anyway since it is badly warped. (lots of ripples on the top surface)
I don't know if the dimentions are the same on the '74 and the '80. I am guessing that they are. I'll see what I can find out. It's 6" from where the bumper cover mounts to the body, to the tip of the rear spoiler/dove tail.
When the time comes, I could have the rear cover shipped direct to you, so you wouldn't have to form a new one. Then all you would have to do, is the wing.
That's all , just form and attach the wing.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

My brother-in-law has a '74 with the original no tail cover and a '75 cover with the tail. he wants me to paintthe carso I figured I could use his car to do the wing on. I think it would be better to do it on a car and be sure of the fit and form. Both of the tails he has are still good as far as warpage. When you take your cover off just make me a one piece patern of the mateing surface with some heavy construction paper. I believe the parimiter shape is the same but a patern will confirm this assumption. do you want the "dove tail" under it or clear like the '74? I think the two would be conflicting asthetically but like I said it is your choice. Cheers

Old 12-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

I'll give you a phone call......