Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Beware of the scary monsters!! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/beware-scary-monsters-3755/)

rjensen 11-08-2006 01:41 AM

RE: Beware of the scary monsters!!

I hear ya, TS!
My other half tries to keep me in check, too. My strategy is: bring home puppies and kittens that are only a 6-8 weeks old, so even the hardest of hearts can't turn them away. But if the truth be told, my husband loves them as much as I do and dotes on all of them.

You are right about cats . . . and it is not until you own a barking dog that you realize how special and wonderful cats are as pets. ;);)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/CD0904F1F94949399AD5F030F2D0DC6D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/1BE595B0B31B4AD78AC9ED6CA13CFF04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/C92CA398C6BF42888E7F0013C79B48D4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/4ABFD94F326442CEB264A8BA8660CE73.jpg[/IMG]

TopSpeed 11-14-2006 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

I hear ya, TS!
My other half tries to keep me in check, too. My strategy is: bring home puppies and kittens that are only a 6-8 weeks old, so even the hardest of hearts can't turn them away. But if the truth be told, my husband loves them as much as I do adn dotes on all of them.
God, I can totally relate. I'm not allowed within 5 miles of a SPCA. Apparently, according to my beautiful and beloved wife, we don't have room for 'em all. Sheesh.:D

You are right about cats . . . and it is not until you own a barking dog that you realize how special and wonderful cats are as pets. ;);)

Or people!! I swear to God, our cats are more like people than most people I've met!!! :D:D:D I have no clue what that means, but it did make sense in my head. :D

rjensen 11-14-2006 04:20 PM

Hey T.S. -
Yup, make sense here, too. I just love how cats are pure attitude. They are just so darn smart!!! ;)

Here is a link of some real cute ones:

http://www.catsinsinks.com

TopSpeed 11-15-2006 01:18 PM

Hey T.S. -
Yup, make sense here, too. I just love how cats are pure attitude. They are just so darn smart!!! ;)

I just spent 20 minutes in there!! :D Doncha just want to stick yer face in their furry lil' bellies??? :)

C3 Starship 11-15-2006 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Hey T.S. -

I just spent 20 minutes in there!! :D Doncha just want to stick yer face in their furry lil' bellies??? :)
OH.......what an opportunity:D.........but I'll leave it alone.......!!!:D:D:D:D

rjensen 11-15-2006 06:11 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

I understand . . . I have buried my nose in the fur of a cat many times. My one female has always had the most exotic and beautiful scent about her. Drives all my male pets (dogs and cats) crazy. Good thing they are all neutered. Ha, ha! ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/080E9554D3FB476C82CCC328F456CF4C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/4860031EB06E4C9F92513C65F720217A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/07E4E12C3481498BA516FA638AD7B90F.jpg[/IMG]

CORVETTE LADY 11-15-2006 06:52 PM

Oh, what sweet babies you all have. Those faces are so adorable. I can't help but think of Blueshark with Coty everytime someone parks on top of me. Two night ago, I ran out, and parked away from the other cars, and when I came out, some little junk thing was almost on top of me. I didn't see a scratch but I have no idea how they got out of their car and missed me. All I could think was that Coty could have reached out and held them until I got back.

TopSpeed 11-16-2006 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Hey T.S. -

OH.......what an opportunity:D.........but I'll leave it alone.......!!!:D:D:D:D
*whistles nonchalantly and leaves the room* :)

TopSpeed 11-16-2006 02:57 PM

I understand . . . I have buried my nose in the fur of a cat many times. My one female has always had the most exotic and beautiful scent about her. Drives all my male pets (dogs and cats) crazy. Good thing they are all neutered. Ha, ha! ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/080E9554D3FB476C82CCC328F456CF4C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/4860031EB06E4C9F92513C65F720217A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/07E4E12C3481498BA516FA638AD7B90F.jpg[/IMG]
What gorgeous lil' fuzz-buckets youse got there. I love it when people argue that animals have no souls; I always say "Come by my place and have a visit with our cats and tell me that." :D I swear to God, sometimes I think they're smarter'n us. Actually, I'm pretty sure of that. :D

rjensen 11-16-2006 04:08 PM

All I know is if there are not dogs and cats in Heaven, then it ain't Heaven!

Here are some famous quotations about cats from Mark Twain:

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

A home without a cat--and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat--may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?

urged that kings were dangerous. He said, then have cats. He was sure that a royal family of cats would answer every purpose. They would be as useful as any other royal family, they would know as much, they would have the same virtues and the same treacheries, the same disposition to get up shindies with other royal cats, they would be laughably vain and absurd and never know it, they would be wholly inexpensive, finally, they would have as sound a divine right as any other royal house...The worship of royalty being founded in unreason, these graceful and harmless cats would easily become as sacred as any other royalties, and indeed more so, because it would presently be noticed that they hanged nobody, beheaded nobody, imprisoned nobody, inflicted no cruelties or injustices of any sort, and so must be worthy of a deeper love and reverence than the customary human king, and would certainly get it.
Mark Twain

And if you have/had teenagers or know any, you;ll love this:

Subject: Cats and teenagers

For all of you with teenagers or who have had teenagers, you may want to
know why they really have a lot in common with cats:

1. Neither teenagers nor cats turn their heads when you call them by name.
2. No matter what you do for them, it is not enough. Indeed, all humane
efforts are barely adequate to compensate for the privilege of waiting on
them hand and foot.
3. You rarely see a cat walking outside of the house with an adult human
being, and it can be safely said that no teenager in his or her right mind
wants to be seen in public with his or her parents.
4. Even if you tell jokes as well as Jay Leno, neither your cat nor your
teen will ever crack a smile.
5. No cat or teenager shares you taste in music.
6. Cats and teenagers can lie on the living-room sofa for hours on end
without moving, barely breathing.
7. Cats have nine lives. Teenagers carry on as if they did.
8. Cats and teenagers yawn in exactly the same manner, communicating that
ultimate human ecstasy-a sense of complete and utter boredom.
9. Cats and teenagers do not improve anyone's furniture.
10. Cats that are free to roam outside sometimes have been known to return
in the middle of the night to deposit a dead animal in your bedroom.
Teenagers are not above that sort of behavior.

Thus, if you must raise teenagers, the best sources of advice are not other
parents, but veterinarians. It is also a good idea to keep a guidebook on
cats at hand at all times. And remember, above all else, put out the food
and do not make any sudden moves in their direction. When they make up
their minds, they will finally come to you for some affection and comfort,
and it will be a triumphant moment for all concerned.
~ Author Unknown