Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Equal time - this one is for you, Corvette Lady

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Equal time - this one is for you, Corvette Lady

ORIGINAL: gorichb

Hey
I Represent that, I mean resent that..... [sm=chairshot.gif]

great post, Geez are we that bad? [sm=boohoo.gif]
Hi, Rich -
Nope, you guys are great! This is just a silly joke I posted as I tried to make amends for all the jokes I have posted about blondes and women.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:02 PM

Rita
That waaassssssss great though

Old 11-19-2006, 09:50 PM

Rita
That waaassssssss great though
Rich, I thought some of the observations of how computers resemble women were real funny, too!

p.s. the people at Vararam keep trying to talk me into buying my C.A.I. before they get their stickers - but that would be big trouble for me on the home front. I know you are loving your Callaway.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

p.s. the people at Vararam keep trying to talk me into buying my C.A.I. before they get their stickers - but that would be big trouble for me on the home front. I know you are loving your Callaway.
Yea Rita I would definately wait until Vararam gets that certified with the state. You know you may want to ask them what the temporary C.A.R.B. number is. I believe they should have this already and just waiting for approval.
Hopefully Vararam has applied for the certification sticker, and not just giving you the run around.

I haven't been driving the vette as much as I like, but the Honker still feels nice when I want to put the foot into it....

Old 11-19-2006, 11:41 PM

I haven't been driving the vette as much as I like, but the Honker still feels nice when I want to put the foot into it....
Rich, I have been so bad lately and I know if I keep this up it will only be a matter of time before I get a speeding ticket. Do you have any words of wisdom? It just urks me when some crappy Miata or the like flys by me. [:@][:@] Honestly, evryone around here drives like a bat out of he!!, but I know I'll be the one to get the ticket because my vette makes me a magnet for the law. I have tried driving it slowly, but it is so much more fun to pour on the coal.

Oh, well [&o] I'll just have to keep on trying to resist the urge.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Rita, I hear you
It seems that the temptation of "pouring on the coal" is there more often than not. It's tough, and takes allot of will power to hold back, when they come racing up on the side, or laying back on your bumper. I would just say, first of all play it smart, a little fun on the roadways don't hurt anyone, just be careful and don't tempt "temptation".
Second, just have the satisfaction knowing that you are driving your Vette, and they would not only like to beat you in that race, but wish they owned a Vette, instead of that import they have. And have the satisfaction of knowing they will not have either!
Most of the time you will find it to be the younger crowd, or the "Macho" guy that feels like they / he has something to prove.

I would just say, be careful, be wise, and you, NOT them should dictate how fast you go.

Speeding tickets are no fun thats for sure. I had one a couple months back, First one in many years, I was doing 38 in a 25 school zone. Not in the Vette, in my truck, 3 blocks from my house so I knew better. I was thinking about something else, and never seen that motorcycle cop. I was able to take care of it through online traffic school, but it still cost me about $125.00.

I have been thinking about getting a good radar detector though, just for the Vette. It's not a ticket to speed, but it would be nice knowing you have a fair chance of finding them before they find you.
Take care, stay safe

Old 11-20-2006, 01:44 PM

I would just say, be careful, be wise, and you, NOT them should dictate how fast you go.

Most of the time you will find it to be the younger crowd, or the "Macho" guy that feels like they / he has something to prove.
Hi Rich,
You are absolutely right!!! And dead on the money about the stereo type that pushes you. Sometimes it is even a soccer-mom - talk about your brain being somewhere else!!
In these situations, people are driving 20- 30 miles over the speed limit. I don't even want to think about how much that ticket will cost! []

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Take care and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.
Rita