Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

It's Monday......8:00 am......

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: It's Monday......8:00 am......

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

40 hours???? Good Lord, who works those jobs anymore? Try 60 or 70... LOL

Yeh, it's Monday. Hold me back, I'm brimmin' with excitement.
I know, T.S., the weekend just interupted what you REALLY like to do!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

I remember, a long time ago (before water), us kids in high school were told that the leaps in tech would provide a 3 day, 18 hour work week. So,.... a question to all you computer guys. What happened? Can't you get this figured out?
Microsoft came to be an' it all went to hell.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

I know, T.S., the weekend just interupted what you REALLY like to do!!!
NOT SO MUCH, there, bro!! LOL

Here's comedy kicker for ya... I have worked with these blasted machines for over 25 years now, and I hate 'em. We really don't even have a 'puter at home, because I don't wanna spend any of my "off time" messing around with Microsoft stuff..... get pah-lenty of it here at the ol' office.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:54 PM

Well, i dont know about you guys, but i work 40 hour work weeks, get overtime if i want to and sometimes i get it without working it. Sometimes i get 40 hours when i didnt work it. And i have about all the vacation and sick time i want. Apparently my company could care less if you go into the negatives with vacation... LOL. But, i still go to work 5 days a week and i try and work a saturday every once in a while to get a little extra money and to show that im a "Company Man". I like my job but i would much rather own my own business or have a business partner and co-own the business. I know it would be a lot more work and a lot more hours, but once you get your company established and everything, you kinda just sit back on the riches and let other people do the work for you while you are just the face of the company!

Old 09-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

unless your customers suck. my besiness is feast or famin. unfortunately it's been more famin then feast lately. but I do have a good lawer. if all else fails I sick Coty on them. lol

Old 09-18-2006, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Well, i dont know about you guys, but i work 40 hour work weeks, get overtime if i want to and sometimes i get it without working it. Sometimes i get 40 hours when i didnt work it. And i have about all the vacation and sick time i want. Apparently my company could care less if you go into the negatives with vacation... LOL. But, i still go to work 5 days a week and i try and work a saturday every once in a while to get a little extra money and to show that im a "Company Man". I like my job but i would much rather own my own business or have a business partner and co-own the business. I know it would be a lot more work and a lot more hours, but once you get your company established and everything, you kinda just sit back on the riches and let other people do the work for you while you are just the face of the company!
Can I get a job at YOUR place?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:45 PM

ya. you guys hireing.. im there.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: corvette king

ya. you guys hireing.. im there.
Cool. Take me out for a ride in yer Vette at lunchtime?

Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Cool. Take me out for a ride in yer Vette at lunchtime?
Haha, sure Anytime! If you guys want jobs, im sure your wives would appreciate you all taking major pay cuts lol. I started off at 10 bucks an hour. But, 2 years into it, im making well over that so i am happy. And i am already about to advance in another 6-8 months and they are going to buy me a company work truck (i wont have to use my own gas anymore!! YAY!!) and give me a free cell phone and AT LEAST a 2 dollar raise. So, i should be set when i get there. The only problem is, i am tired of working for other people and making them more money. I want to be the one with people working for him making him more money!!!!! I bet everyone in the world wishes that though and only few succeed at it.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:39 AM
pg

What! Only 40 hours till the weekend, a welder, a three day week, a drive in your Vette at lunch, an office with a computer, a Saturday once in a while, a two dollar raise. I drive a water truck, I work about 36 hours in three days, I deliver thousands of gallons of water and I get 50 cents a year raise, oh did I mention that the A/C on the truck went out in July. You guys have jobs to die for. Petes 74 T Top.

Quick Reply: It's Monday......8:00 am......