Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Latest news on GoRichB (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/latest-news-gorichb-5340/)

TopSpeed 05-15-2007 12:08 PM

RE: 04/15/07 Latest news on GoRichB

I am heartbroken with the lack of news here, but still hopeful our prayers and well-wishes will make a difference. I really do miss Rich here. Godspeed, bro.

cwb 05-29-2007 12:46 PM

Oops - duplicate/edited.

cwb 05-29-2007 12:54 PM

How is this fellow now?

Miracles do happen. If you are praying, make sure it's from the heart.

blueshark 05-29-2007 02:46 PM

I am wondering myself. Rita has been keeping us informed. Last news was that Rich's wife complied with his wishes to have him removed from life support as there was no sign of brain activity. It wasn't clear if he passed. This saddens me beyond words. I am still praying and hopeful. you never know. I pray he is still hanging in there and will return to his wife and daughter. It's in "HIS" hands now. I hate for her to grow up without her dad. Not a good thing. Cheers

rjensen 05-29-2007 08:56 PM

Hey, CB!
Thanks for sharing your story. I am so glad you knowthe Lordand glad to see He still has work for you to do here. :) I also survived a near-death accident and it is only by the grace of God that I am here today.

Thanks, too, for asking about Rich. Unfortuantely, I haven't heard from his wife since that last email George mentioned. Rich will always be an importantmember of this Forum, even if only in spirit and he will always be in my prayers.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

rjensen 05-29-2007 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

I am wondering myself. Rita has been keeping us informed. Last news was that Rich's wife complied with his wishes to have him removed from life support as there was no sign of brain activity. It wasn't clear if he passed. This saddens me beyond words. I am still praying and hopeful. you never know. I pray he is still hanging in there and will return to his wife and daughter. It's in "HIS" hands now. I hate for her to grow up without her dad. Not a good thing. Cheers
Hi George,
Well, as I posted above, there is no news regarding Rich. I know how you are feeling reading this because I feel the same way. All we can do is pray for him and his family. You are right - it is in God's Hands - and as far as I am concerned that is the best place you can be.

Take care, stay safe.
Blessings,
Rita

blueshark 05-29-2007 10:40 PM

They will remain in our prayers.

TopSpeed 05-31-2007 12:00 PM

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.

rjensen 06-01-2007 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.
Amen, Scotty!

And I don't doubt we will all be laughing at you still
chasing around Mrs. TopSpeed. ;)

rjensen 06-01-2007 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.

Okay, now that is 3 of us that I know of (CWB, TopSpeed, and myself) whom have had near-fatal accident, but for the Grace of God are here today. How many other Corvette and fast-car enthusiast share this blessing? Just wondering.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ