Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Pontiac G6 hardtop convert

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Default RE: Pontiac G6 hardtop convert

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I think the key is "since we are buying she will have to happy with whatever we pick." What a kid wants is not quite as important as what mom and dad think is appropriate -- plus, I always felt it was important to send a clear message that they do not get everything they want when someone else is paying for it. If you are looking at the Range Rover you might want to look at the Porsche SUV - recent models have a much better maintenance and service record, a higher satsifaction rating (JD Powers #1), particularly with women owners, and the price is about the same -- and I can't imagine any kid being upset and going off to college in a Porsche!!!
I just read that the other day. I was really surprised to see them go from last to first in one model year, that is definitely impressive. I even thinking about looking into the Cayman after the wedding next year.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Default RE: Pontiac G6 hardtop convert

Porsche did an incredible turn around with their SUV by focusing on customer dis-satisfaction with the initial model and also designing to "keep things simple." I think that is their real secret: design for the true purpose of the device and make things so easy to use that you never have to think about how to operate them. There really is something to the "Porsche Design" philosophy (Porsche Design is their divison that does design work for other companies) of design for simplicity and intuition of operation: I have a Porsche Design desklamp which is the only good desk lamp I've ever had. And of course, the longer I own my Carrera the more I become convinced that, while it is not the fastest car I have had by a long shot, it is certainly the easiest to live with daily -- just flawless in dynamics and reactions and buttons where they should be, etc. and everything making sense.