Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today.... (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/rats-another-freak-blizzard-here-today-4690/)

Kobegotskillz 01-25-2007 09:54 PM

RE: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Tornado season: April - June. I've been in OKC for 2 1/2 years and haven't experienced one yet. I'd love for one to rip thru my house when I'm on vacation though. The city of Moore experienced a really bad one in 99 and everyone built huge homes afterwards. FEMA and insurance can be a wonderful combo (as long as no one is injured). :D

C3 Starship 01-25-2007 10:18 PM

I been in downpours, blizzards, and inside a live volcano, but the thought of gettin' caught in a tornado orhurricane scares the schmidt outa me. [&:]
I hate the wind, unless I'm makin' it with the "Starship"! ;)

blueshark 01-25-2007 10:54 PM

we had 9 come through last year in two days. what a mess. two people died. three weeks before we had 4 come through in some of the same routs and one guy down the road in a double wide modular home had just had his house replaced from them. got hit twice. after it was replaced the second time he put up a for sale sign and moved back to Indiana and left it with the real estate company.

gorichb 01-26-2007 02:13 AM

Tornadoes scare me the most. They are so unpredictable, can hit anytime, anywhere, just plain scary if you ask me.
I'll take a earthquake anytime over those...

Lee Willis 01-26-2007 07:35 AM

We had about 1/4 inch of snow here in central Carolinas about a week ago -- stayed on the ground only a few hours. Despite that they delayed school openings for two hours and the local media had a field day warning about "the winter storm" with the TV weathermen basking in their moment of glory -- for just a few minutes someone might care about what they had to say.

But it has since warmed up although it has been cold (high 30s) and drizzly for about a week, with high winds sometimes, although today it is supposed to be in the mid 30s but sunny and dry. My vette hasn't been out in a week -- maybe this weekend if it stays as forecast today.

TopSpeed 01-31-2007 01:48 PM

Oh man, you guys, yeh... tornado's.... holy..... we get the occassional earthquake up here, but typically they aren't much really... but yeh, a tornado would definately make me soil my trousers, that's for darned sure.

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

We had about 1/4 inch of snow here in central Carolinas about a week ago -- stayed on the ground only a few hours. Despite that they delayed school openings for two hours and the local media had a field day warning about "the winter storm" with the TV weathermen basking in their moment of glory -- for just a few minutes someone might care about what they had to say.

But it has since warmed up although it has been cold (high 30s) and drizzly for about a week, with high winds sometimes, although today it is supposed to be in the mid 30s but sunny and dry. My vette hasn't been out in a week -- maybe this weekend if it stays as forecast today.
Ohhhhhh Lee... I'm feelin' for ya here, bro. My wife hates it when the weather gets to a point that the Vette can't get out... her hubby starts exhibiting signs of "grumpyitis"..... :) The only cure is a cruise, my friend; I hope you can get to it soon!

C3 Starship 02-01-2007 12:44 AM

Acouple of ya mentioned earthquakes. Ah likes 'em!!! :)I just lay down and get a body massage! :DIt depends on where ya live, big cities, with tall stuff, are just askin' for it. Ya gotta live in the right place to really enjoy 'em!;)

TopSpeed 02-01-2007 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Acouple of ya mentioned earthquakes. Ah likes 'em!!! :)I just lay down and get a body massage! :DIt depends on where ya live, big cities, with tall stuff, are just askin' for it. Ya gotta live in the right place to really enjoy 'em!;)
Hey, it's a lot cheaper than goin' down to the ol' bank and gettin' a big bag of quarters for the "Vibrating Bed" down at the ol' "Travel Lodge"..... :D:D:D