Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Default RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

I've lived in this neck of the woods for 27 years now, and there's been years where we've gone over 5 years without seeing a flake of snow, let alone blizzards....

Today, our city woke up to the 2nd blizzard of the year. It's absolutely treacherous out there today, needless to say the beloved Corvette is safe and sound in the garage (a whole 'nother story of frustration for you friend TopSpeed) but the entire city is in shambles here. We have almost NO snow removal equipment due to the fact we hardly ever get any... the one plow that was working this morning got stuck.

Anyways, it's really annoying. Really. Annoying.

If I disappear again for a few days, that means I'm snowed in. Hopefully things will get a little better as the day progresses and it won't come to that.....

Old 01-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Hey Bro,
Those are the storms that we usually get, give 'em back![:@]
We're goin' to be on restricted watering this year, if y'all don't start sendin' them my way![&o]

Old 01-10-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Hey Bro,
Those are the storms that we usually get, give 'em back![:@]
We're goin' to be on restricted watering this year, if y'all don't start sendin' them my way![&o]
Dude, if there was ANY way those turkies down at Fed-Ex would take the stuff, I'd send it... postage paid.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM

We have been pretty luck here in Maryland, not only have we not had the slightest bit of snow. We haven't even had an extremely cold day (not to rub it in or anything)

Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 AM

Storms, what storms
all we get here is this freakin cold weather

Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 AM

I can appreciate how annoying it is, believe me. I hate lizzards. That is why I moved to the Carolina's 15 years ago. I really dislike snow, in any form.

We get, on average, one small snow a year here in central Carolina -- usually about 2 inches but one time 11. Regardless, it shuts down the city until it melts (usually about a day), and it provides just enough reminder tome again of why I moved here.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

We have been pretty luck here in Maryland, not only have we not had the slightest bit of snow. We haven't even had an extremely cold day (not to rub it in or anything)
Thanks, Pay; you've managed to warm my heart this morning with your kind pointing and laughing at us.

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I can appreciate how annoying it is, believe me. I hate lizzards. That is why I moved to the Carolina's 15 years ago. I really dislike snow, in any form.

We get, on average, one small snow a year here in central Carolina -- usually about 2 inches but one time 11. Regardless, it shuts down the city until it melts (usually about a day), and it provides just enough reminder tome again of why I moved here.

You have just described NORMAL weather for us up here, to a 'T'. I, too, loathe snow. In the 27 years I've been here, it's never done anything remotely CLOSE to this before. We don't really have snow removal equipment here on purpose; it would typically be an utter waste of taxpayers money, but the last 2 years it's starting to look like we really oughta get some.

Victoria, here where I live, is in a strange little spot for Canada. Yes, indeed, the entire rest of Canada is quite used to large snowfalls and all that, for sure, but we are at the very Western edge of the country and are typically exposed to the weather patterns that come from Hawaii, thus typically resulting in 10+*C days, even in January. This year, giant artic weather patterns are making their way further south, and we are getting the outside edges of these storms, thus the mayhem.

I talked recently to an old fella who lives here; he was born and raised here in Victoria. In over 80 years, he's never seen anything like this..... it's really ticking a lot of us off.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:32 AM

Booooo Freakin hoooooooo..... I live in Colorado, that means I havent got to drive my vette in almost a month.It is snow storm after snow storm. We got 2 storms in 2 weeks that were 37 inches and 22 inches.We just got another one that was 7 inches and just last night we got about 1/2 an inch.I have never seen anything like this since I've lived here. (thats about 17 years) My trusty rear wheel drive 240sx has been getting me around pretty good though.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:10 AM

I would give anything to have that much snow. I live in upstate South Carolina and I would love to have that much snow. You can't imagine how much I love playing in the snow with the 4WD.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 PM

I suppose it would be rubbing it it to mention that there is blue sky, 64 degrees F and very dry streets down here right now, but I will. I just got back from taking hte 'vette out for its weekly Sunday morning exercise hour.

Winters didn't used to be this warm and fine here -- maybe there is something to this global warming thing. If so, I seem to be among the lucky ones who benefit.

Quick Reply: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....