Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Recording dilema, Cubase 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Default RE: Recording dilema, Cubase 4

Sears Silvertone... I remember it well. I bought one way back in the day. it came in a long tall, skinny case that had it's own little amplifier in it. The truly amazing thing was that if the neck had ever become separated from the body, you could use the neck for a large billy club.

I reread prior post... Forgot to add... No I don't teach music. In my spare time, and when my old arthritic body permits, I teach martial arts.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

I still have the ol' Silvertone! And it still works!I've had to rewire it, but the frets are worn down to the fret board. I put a lot of hours on that ol' axe.
Played it for 15 years, then finally got the bread together to buy my Gibson. Bought the Tele' in '06, it's an American Delux. Had a Bigsby tailpiece put on it. Put one on the Gibson when I got it too. I'll see if I can put up pics of the Gibson and the Tele', I've got pics around here someplace.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the Gibson...sorry 'bout the finger in the shot.
That's a rose stuck in the strings on the head, my wife gave it to me. It stays right there.!
I took the pick guard off 'cause I could hear static crackle from my figer rubbin' on it. Look close and you can see a wear spot where my finger rests. The finish is almost completely gone off the back of the neck.

Oh ya,....there is a piece of foam up against the "Bigsby", It stops the harmonic over tones from the strings, above the bridge. I don't know if anyone else can hear it, but I can.

Name:  RoadTrip-Fly-in002.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  44.7 KB

Here's the Tele'...

Name:  RoadTrip-Fly-in003.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  47.4 KB

Ya,...... that's a pink pick, easier for these ol' eyes to find when I drop it.

I love playin' both of 'em, but the Gibson is my "Baby" !

Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Man, a guitar thread! Woot! Dave, you've got an' old Ricky??? I love me the old Richenbachers; man, you just can't really find them here in Victoria much...

Good luck on your project there, bro... I know how frustrating it can be to get everything working and wired up and all that, but it's SO cool when it's goin', bro... a real labor of love. You'll get it!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:17 AM

Starship! Don't pay the ransom! I just escaped. LOL!

Actually, I work some intensely wierd shifts. And so ... while having not really fallen off the earth, it appears so to my friends and family.

The new Washburn plays like smooth butter. I love the fit an dfinish, and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. After passing on a super deal on a d'Angelico, I thunk I might have buyers remorse, but that isn't the case.

I will try with great alacrity and intensity, and so on and so on ... LOL! ... To get some picks loaded. I don't know how many people have ever seen an EM18 Martin... They're a little rare.

Take care...
Dan

Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

O.K., I'll cancel the check!
Man.....that Washburn is a fine guitar! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
So glad that you are happy with it!
When and where can I see ya on tour?
Gotta go on the road with that!!!