Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

threatened by a telemarketer???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
cwb
Default threatened by a telemarketer???

Anybody got the 'dealer services warranty' call for their vehicles?

They call me several times a week, sometimes twice a day, like this morning. No thanks, I'm not interested. They say I'm deleted from the system. But, guess who calls again???

So now I got the tables turned - I got the #off thecaller ID, and re-dialed. Over, and over, and over. Now most ofthe operators thereain't even answerin'. I got put through just now to some high-up. He wants to know why I'm callin' them. WHAT? Why I'M callin' YOU??? You never heard the one about name-callin' between kettles, pots, and black, have ya'???

So he said he's gonna' report me. Oh yeah? Before, or afteryour computer calls me again?

Got any time to kill like I do?(I'm still stuck at home since my accident last year) Give 'em a call...

1 800 724 9586

When they answer, tell them year, make, model, mileage, whether or not you're keepin' your car, if you're the original owner, and if there's any problems with the car now. Tell them you want employee pricing too. I've heard it so many times, I got it down pat.

Try not to puke when they say they're gonna' report ya'...

I found out what list ya get on when ya' go for the do not call list too - the spam list.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Default RE: threatened by a telemarketer???

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I like it when telemarketers call, Ijust ask them to please hold, and lay the phone down and forget em. Let em waste their time holding for ya.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: rshiver

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I like it when telemarketers call, Ijust ask them to please hold, and lay the phone down and forget em. Let em waste there time holding for ya.
I do that one too sometimes - put 'em on speakerphone, turn down the volume, and keep postin'in CF. AND of course, throw in a few "okaaay's ", "sounds good", "just a second, I'm writin it down...", and a cough or two - just to let 'em know I'm still there.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

I let them get about half way through their first sentence, then yell out "Oh Schmidt", drop the phone and just ignore them.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 PM

I've done that before too C3, except I pronounced it a little different. I like to lay the phone down in front of the stereo speakerso they can listen to music while they wait.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: rshiver

I've done that before too C3, except I pronounced it a little different. I like to lay the phone down in front of the stereo speakerso they can listen to music while they wait.
That's a good one too - some Zeppelin? Basckwards?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

"Hello?....*long pause*.......HELLLO?......*bangs receiver on table* HELLLO?........
Dang it Martha.....this dang thing quit again, walk out ta the barn an' git Billy Joe, an tell 'im ta git 'is butt up 'ere, and fix this damn thing" *click*

( I got a million of 'em )

Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

I like what Sinfeld did. Asked him for his home number so he could call hin back later'cause he was busy.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:35 AM

Okay here's mine:

Act real excited about whatever it is that they are selling: "I can get two magazine subscriptions for only 19.95 a year?! Wow! That's exactly what I've been looking for, I'll take it!". But don't over do it (maybe just a little). Make them think that you are completely into it. If they try to add something on, take it. But keep asking questions about the product. Then act excited about the answers:"I get a completely new issue of the magazine EACH and EVERY MONTH?! WOW!". You are now their dream customer. They've heard the old adage that there's a sucker born every minute, but they've never really seen one until now. Drag this out as long as you can. Remember, every minute that they spend with you keeps them from making any money (they get paid on commission). If they're willing to waste your precious time then you should have no problem wasting theirs.

Then, just before you seal the deal (i.e. give them your credit card info), fake a seizure or heart attack or something similar and hang up. Don't worry, they won't call 911. They don't really give a crap about you and they know the deal is gone either way.

OWNED!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:04 AM
cwb

I've had a lot of practice in the last year...

me: "Thank you for calling Domino's, can I take your order please?"

them: click.

One of 'em told me one time, "I'm looking for Mrs. (last name)." I told 'em, "Yeah - metoo, cause I'm hungry. Lemme' know when ya' find her".

Sometimes I speak back to 'em in German. click

Quick Reply: threatened by a telemarketer???