Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

threatened by a telemarketer???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Default RE: threatened by a telemarketer???

If I don't know the number I don't answer.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:43 AM

Wow, I don't have a home phone (just cell) so I don't get to have all this fun everybody else seems to be having

Old 10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: cwb

Anybody got the 'dealer services warranty' call for their vehicles?

They call me several times a week, sometimes twice a day, like this morning. No thanks, I'm not interested. They say I'm deleted from the system. But, guess who calls again???

So now I got the tables turned - I got the #off thecaller ID, and re-dialed. Over, and over, and over. Now most ofthe operators thereain't even answerin'. I got put through just now to some high-up. He wants to know why I'm callin' them. WHAT? Why I'M callin' YOU??? You never heard the one about name-callin' between kettles, pots, and black, have ya'???

So he said he's gonna' report me. Oh yeah? Before, or afteryour computer calls me again?

Got any time to kill like I do?(I'm still stuck at home since my accident last year) Give 'em a call...

1 800 724 9586

When they answer, tell them year, make, model, mileage, whether or not you're keepin' your car, if you're the original owner, and if there's any problems with the car now. Tell them you want employee pricing too. I've heard it so many times, I got it down pat.

Try not to puke when they say they're gonna' report ya'...

I found out what list ya get on when ya' go for the do not call list too - the spam list.
Today they called me again.

I punched '1', to talk to a rep, and the call was garbled. The put me in the do not call prompt.

Then I started the call routine, like I did Friday. On the first call, I didn't get through. THEY PUT MY # ON THE BLOCKED # LIST!!! So I brought up my fax that's integrated into my computer, put in their #, and entered 9,999 repetitions of the fax.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Get 'em!

Hope their fax has a memory for when it runs out of paper.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Get 'em!

Hope their fax has a memory for when it runs out of paper.
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thinkin'!!! I wasn't even thinkin' of 10,000 pieces of paper on the floor (or 400-500)- just tyin' up the line. I shoulda' waited till after business hours.[:@][:@][:@]

George - I'm disappointed. Why didn't you tell me this BEFORE??? Yer slippin'....

UUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 10-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well......You can doit every other night for a week then wait three days and do it again. Start tomorrow night so they think they are safe.[8D]

Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Wow, I don't have a home phone (just cell) so I don't get to have all this fun everybody else seems to be having
I'll forward all mine to your cell phone if you like!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: cwb

Today they called me again.

I punched '1', to talk to a rep, and the call was garbled. The put me in the do not call prompt.

Then I started the call routine, like I did Friday. On the first call, I didn't get through. THEY PUT MY # ON THE BLOCKED # LIST!!! So I brought up my fax that's integrated into my computer, put in their #, and entered 9,999 repetitions of the fax.

I attached a movie file to the fax, to make sure each of the 9,999 faxes was plenty long. It was The Godfather, with an offer they couldn't refuse - a 3.75 G file!!!

They have not called since.

IT WORKED!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
cwb

These auto warranty guys are callin' me again, from a different number.[:@]And they got wise to my fax machinegettin' set to fax them 9,999 times with the same fax.

So I just converted a picture of a vette to a text file. Comes out to about 134 pages of jibberish. DON'T TRY IT ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER, UNLESS YOU GOT 2 GIGS OF RAM OR MORE!!!

Hey telemarketer... check out this vette I'm faxin' to ya'

Their new number, if you wanna' tie 'em up, is 1 213 710 8110 (digital is like a local call)...