Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Trailer Destroys A Highway And Shows Off New Villain

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Arrow Trailer Destroys A Highway And Shows Off New Villain

Magic Mike Sequel Is Pretty Far Along, Says Steven Soderbergh

Watch Iron Man 3 Online Well this second and final trailer for Fast & Furious 6certainly gets its payoff from the CinemaCon footage Eric got to see a couple of weeks ago. Lots of great action scenes take place with all amounts of hell breaking loose in the middle of a busy highway, and the end of this trailer puts this large-scale sequence front and center. Justin Lin is in full “Michael Bay in his Bad Boys days” mode.

Watch Oblivion Online It seemed like the first trailer revealed too many of the film’s more technical stunts, but this one is just as fiery orange and explosion-filled. Dwayne Johnson’s bounty hunter Luke Hobbs takes a backseat here as the focus shifts more towards our pardon-seeking team of renegades--led of course by Brian (Paul Walker) and Dom (Vin Diesel)--and their opposition, the mercenary-turned-bomber Owen Shaw (Luke Evans). In fact, quite a few of those new explosions are caused by Shaw, as part of his effort to bring London to its knees. As a villain, he certainly won’t be as interesting as Star Trek Into Darkness’ John Harrison, but now that all the bad guys are the good guys in this franchise, the bad guy doesn’t really matter anymore, so long as he keeps detonating things.

Watch Mud Online The rest of the returning characters –including Tej (Ludacris), Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) and Han (Sung Kang) – get more time in this trailer as well, spouting off lines and looking shocked to see the ridiculous amount of high-pressure situations surrounding them. I’m not at all what you would call a fan of this series of films, but that's just out of disinterest, not total dislike. Hopping onto a bandwagon for the sixth film probably doesn’t win me any cool points, but this looks like a worthy trip to the theater. And you can make that trip when Fast & Furious 6 gets its release on May 24. A mother and son story offering both poignant and comedic moments is not particularly outside director Anne Fletcher’s box. However, offering some off-color moments from both Seth Rogen and veteran actress Barbara Streisand is a welcome change of pace for the 27 Dresses director. Fletcher’s newest film, The Guilt Trip, is hitting Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow, and to celebrate, we have an exclusive Blu-ray bonus feature to share with fans.

WATCH THE BIG WEDDING ONLINE The Guilt Trip’s screenplay was written by Crazy, Stupid, Love. writer Dan Fogelman, who once actually drove from New Jersey to Las Vegas years and years ago. During the real-life trip, the two were actually caught in a snowstorm for several days, and it’s no surprise a similar plotline made it into the final draft of the film. In fact, Fogelman admits in the clip that most of the plotlines that come up in the film did occur during the real trip the writer took with his mother.

Watch 42 Online The snowstorm looks incredibly authentic to Tennessee in the film; however, as the clip shows, it’s all camera tricks and green screens. The cast and crew actually filmed the scene in the Los Angeles area, home of very little snow. There are plenty of films with rampant special effects where green screens are expected, but it’s always a little crazy to see moments like the one in this clip pop up and show fans a bit of movie magic that is completely unexpected.

WATCH Warm Bodies ONLINE If you are interested in tomorrow’s release, you can pre-order the movie via Amazon or check out the full list of extras available with the set. Steven Soderbergh has his Liberace biopic, Behind the Candelabra, coming to HBO in a few weeks, but the director is also prepping his first sequel since Ocean’s 13 … even though he might not be as involved as fans probably hoped. The director conducted an interview with Pride Source on behalf of Candelabra, where he shares valuable insight into his process and the approach both Michael Douglas and Matt Damon took to their iconic screen roles. Toward the end of the interview, though, Soderbergh talks about a Magic Mike sequel, crediting the overwhelming reception from the gay community for the film’s success. On the progress of the sequel, Soderbergh shares:

WATCH A Good Day To Die Hard ONLINE We actually just had a meeting about it the other day. It's getting pretty far along. They've got a good idea. There were some stories and events that Channing lived through that we just couldn't fit in the first one. One of them is a really hilarious and very cinematic idea that we reluctantly didn't put in the first film, because it was such a big idea you could build a whole film out of it - but we didn't want to build that film out of it. It's perfect for this, though.

Watch Scary Movie 5 Online I want to help [but not direct]. I have some proprietary feelings about it, obviously. I want to make sure it gets done and done well, so we meet every couple of weeks to talk about where it's going. But it's gonna be good. It's a good idea. It's not a retread. And there will be more time spent with the characters - all of them.Soderbegrh says the original cast will return, though he will not be in the director’s chair. As many know, the filmmaker has been throwing around the term “retirement,” saying Candelabra and Side Effects likely would be his last movies. However, he back off that in the interview, now stating:

In terms of movies, it's going to be a break. I don't know how extended. I'm just taking a break from that specific kind of work for a while to see if I can tear everything down and rebuild it. See if I can come back different.”So he’s already thinking about what he’ll be like when he comes back? That’s encouraging. No one wants to imagine a world without new Soderbergh films … even if we do have Magic Mike 2 to eventually look forward to. Despite a great cast and decent marketing campaign, Stand Up Guys didn’t do so stand up at the box office. I blame the title of the film for being too nondescript. The film itself follows a criminal recently released from prison (Al Pacino), who gets into a series of shenanigans with his old partners in crime (Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin), to interesting results. If former criminals and shoot-em-up aspects are your thing, you can catch Stand Up Guys when it hits Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download on May 21.