Fs c5 custom rear brake cove vents (z06 style)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 10:08 AM
Default Fs c5 custom rear brake cove vents (z06 style)

I purchased the non-functional Z06 type rear brake cove vents brand new when I purchased my car. Upon receipt, I installed them using the red 3M tape provided but was not pleased with the dull stainless steel mesh screening used to make these. I reworked these by removing the dull ss mesh and replacing it with a diamond shape polished ss mesh, cut to size, and added a chrome edge strip around each screen to make the screens stand out. The mesh was attached to each vent so that the vertical position of the diamonds are aligned correctly. I then added a black foam backing behind the screens. I decided not to reinstall them so if you are interested in these upgraded parts, you will have to reapply the red 3M molding tape because the tape is no longer useful since I removed them from the car. Other than the 3M tape, these are flawless.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss these items, please message me. Thank you.
I am including a photo of what they looked like when I received them and what the new upgrades look like so you can see the difference.
The sale price for the redesigned right and left non-functioning rear cove vents is $80 if picked up in Northern NJ or I will ship them anywhere in the continental U.S. for an additional $20.