Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

can awd cars really handle better than our rwds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Default RE: can awd cars really handle better than our rwds?

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: razoramowned

Rather it can aid in reducing understeer by lifting weight off the outside rear tire.
[/align]
Now there's an intelligent statement!
This "ricer" is goin' to come over here and tell ME how to drive? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
I think not!
Flat and balanced is the BEST way to take a turn. I spent too many years on stock car tracks to fall for his view of technique.Just before the apex is where I "Drop The Hammer", whip out of the turns, and reeeaaallllly pick up speed! Brakes are for "Chickens", gears are for racers. Poor baby has a lot to learn, hope he lives long enough to get it figured out!

(watch the vid, doe doe! Ya just might learn somethin. )
Bang on the money, as always, bro! Have you ever tried to drive a front wheel drive car at the edge? You gotta do whacky things like that just to keep yourself outta the ditch. I can't stand that driving style, myself... I need the ability to use POWER to get myself outta trouble. Over the years I've seen more than one situation where a high-powered rear-wheel drive car saved my life, and if I had been in a Honduh I'da been dead.

We've got a back road, near our house here, that I just love. Some guy in a Civic the other day, replete with fart can and a plethora of stickers, honestly thought he could give me a run. The Corvette? Smooth as glass through the corners. The Civic? All over the damned road.

If I won one of those things, I'd use it for shooting practice.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:22 PM

This "ricer" is goin' to come over here and tell ME how to drive?
. . .
. . .
. . .
Brakes are for "Chickens", gears are for racers . . . !
Interesting what a difference a letter makes: ricer . . . racer.

Sort of like the difference an IQ makes.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

When ya hit the brakes, your center of gravity is thrown forward and the rear end can come loose. By gearing down, and easin' into the throttle, you can maintain balance. You must maintain balance, Grasshopper!

Flat and fast as hell!

(BTW, I did finally get to see the vid.)

Old 03-30-2007, 01:50 AM

This "ricer" is goin' to come over here and tell ME how to drive? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
I think not!
Flat and balanced is the BEST way to take a turn. I spent too many years on stock car tracks to fall for his view of technique.Just before the apex is where I "Drop The Hammer", whip out of the turns, and reeeaaallllly pick up speed! Brakes are for "Chickens", gears are for racers. Poor baby has a lot to learn, hope he lives long enough to get it figured out!
[/align][/align]
Being close minded again? = ) dropping the hammer before the apex, better yet before you can line up for the exit is not the fastest route to drive, it causes you to lose time from over steering and then having to correct yourself, or worse spinning out.

But hey why listen to me i dunno anything, but apparently your Mr. know it all. Say, what can you tell me about how your tires temperature is going to be after a hot of dropping the hammer before the apex lap aside from what you’re going tell me verbatim from goggle after reading this.
[/align]

Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

The vette keeps up just fine and does not crash. Plus the guy in the STi is hitting the brakes on the apex of both turns which is usually a no no.

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/Corvette/wrxhit.wmv

try this one c3

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/jdlewh/?action=view¤t=wrxhit.flv
[/align][/align][/align] alright i finally got to watch the video. the wrx driver is just an idiot, saw the biker, panic'd,lift throttle oversteered, panic'd again,and let the car snap back. I’ve done it personally and seen it happen as well. [/align][/align]My argument will still remain it depends on many factors.[/align]

Though rwd do have definite advantage over awd in gaining exit rotation on a tarmac course.
[/align]

Old 03-30-2007, 03:03 AM

wow what happened to my third post? bring it back so all your friends can read it. [/align][/align]anyways i have a key logger so here's bits and peices. [/align][/align]concerning the ability to use POWER to get yourself out of trouble, can you enlighten me with one of these situations. no really i'd like to hear about how a high powered rear wheel drive car had saved yourlife? and how if it had been a front wheel drive it couldn't. and does it really have to be a honda, why can't it just be any front wheel drive like a chevrolet impala, monte carlo, caviler, or a malibu?[/align][/align][/align]grasshopper, you use left foot braking to maintain balance.HAHAHA pratice what you preach old master. if your understeering, then your balance is off. that is why you learn the technique of left foot braking to restore balance to your tires.[/align][/align]fyi. your center of gravity relatively in the same place, i belive your trying to say yout cars weight "shift" foreward.just i -remains, unless your moving your mass around.[/align][/align]and as for flat and fast as hell, im wondering if you realize the flatter your car corners the more weight is shifted the outside tires? and you can eventually over load them and cause them to side, reducing the coefficient of friction. car i'll also the more your tire works the hotter it gets, and the hotter it gets the lower your grip g, leading to overheated tires? should i go into detail about having your tires overheat?[/align][/align]maybe old dogs can really learn new tricks?,l,. if you want private message me, because this thread isn't about car dynamics, and im sure the mods on the forum adhere to the rules about going off topic of the original thread.[/align]