Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Shelby American

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 AM
Default RE: Shelby American

In all honesty, the only Ford I like is the GT(looks killer to me) and the old 70 Mach1(Also loved the Boss 429, but then again, anyone who says they don't is lying to you, even if it's your mama).

Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM

I like the exterior of the GT but definately do not like the interior. I do like the new Mustang GT 500 or whatever - nice car but I have too many already.

And keep in mind that Aston Martin is a division of Ford. I love the V12s, particularly the Vantage.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:12 PM

I like the Mustang GT500 too, but I wasn't that impressed with the performance when it went head to head with a C6. 100 more HP and Torque and the C6 still bet it in most of the test.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 PM

I think I view theMustang GT 500 as a very different car thanmost people do. To me, it isso big and roomy, and so heavy, that there is no way it should be considered a sports car or something to compete in 1/4 races. But it does seem to be a superb GT - grand touring car -- ideal for long road trips where 500 HP, a good chassis, great brakes, and a nice, roomy interior, are just what one needs. I also think it is quite a bargain (at least at sticker price). But alas, there is no room in my garage for one.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Sorry boys, I really do like the paint and I still think a Modded stang with exhaust has a much meaner sound than most vettes.. And i also have to say

F-irst O-n R-ace D-ay - Go Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 FORD!!!

I still do love my vette and almost all vettes (except the C1's, i really dont like the look for some reason.)

Matt
This is why Cobra's love looking at Corvettes tail lights right

Old 12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH what is the big rivalry between ford and Chevy? If a car looks good than it looks good. comparing the performance aspects of theMustang to the vette is just like Lee said. The mustang is a GT "Grand Touring". 4 seats higher profile bulky and heavy. compare apples to apples. When ford did get involved with world class racing they whipped everybody's ***. The original Ford GT40 smoked them all no denying that. They were just stupid and pulled the plug. Victims of bad decisions. Just think where they would be if they stayed in it. The new ford GT is just a shadow of the original. Corvettes originally were quit sloppy and slow and poorly built as far as fit and finish as well. Actually, the manner in which they are built today you would think the fit and finishand tolerances should be much better.They have "evolved" in to the beauty's they are today. Now they have form and function, but they are still not world class yet, although they are on their way. Maybe they should steal Saleen away from Ford. His indigenous machines are smokin' and are more along the lines of the Vette than the mustang has or will ever be.I love Vette's,I own two,andI'mlooking at yet another,but I don't think all other cars are ****! Give respect where respect is due. And don't hate just to hate. No wonder there are so many wars going on in this world. I thought we were open minded here. After all the Mustang is not the onetrying to live up to the Vette, just some of the Mustangdrivers.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

[sm=smiley32.gif]So true George, one thing though...... With me, it's like bein' true to your best girl, ain't none finer than mine!
And mine just so happens to be, a Vette![sm=icon_rock.gif]
I was just as loyal to my Road Runner, at the time, but I have a new girl now!
So.......

Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

[sm=smiley32.gif]So true George, one thing though...... With me, it's like bein' true to your best girl, ain't none finer than mine!

I understand completely. I am Loyal to "my best girl" too, my wife. But that doesn't mean I am blind to other pretty women, hell sometimes she even points 'em out. LOL smart butt.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 AM

Honestly, I have to disagree, Corvette is world-class. You don't see Mustang taking 1-2-3 in GTS class at the 24 hours of LeMans. You don't see Mustang ruining Aston Martin's "glorious return to motorsports". You DO see Corvette doing that. You DO see a $70K car KILLING, I mean just MOLESTING $300K cars. Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate ALL Mustangs, I've already stated the ones I do like, but I am biased towardsa Chevy (Cobalt and HHR excluded). Anyway, guess I just watch Speed Channel too much. Ooooooo, Pinks is back on, gotta go, later!!

Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

If you read my post you'll see that the jest of it was that I don't think you can compare Mustangs to vettes. I never said mustangs were "world class" it's a completely different type of car. in my opinion vettes might race the working versions of world class cars but that doesn't make them equal. have you ever driven a Ferrari. or anoriginal Jag. or Lambo. or a Porsche, I have and there is no comparison. quality, fit, finish, grade of materials etc. far surpass any vette. my post was not taking up for any particular car manufacturer. just saying if you are going to compare cars try to pick from the same class. comparing the mustang to the vette is like comparing a Professional sports team to a High school sports team, or a man to a boy. Certainly a Given Vette may out perform a Given Mustang on any given day but it is by no means the greatest car in the world and falls far short of that goal. I'm not trying to start an argument. I just don't understand why people must always compare Gas and Water and can't appreciate things for what they are. Your Camaro would be a closer comparison to the mustang as it was the original GM answer to it. pony for pony. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Shelby American