Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Vette vs Subaru STi

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Default RE: Vette vs Subaru STi

ORIGINAL: corvette king

no. hell is when you wake up and go out side and look in the driveway and see a subaru sitting there.[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=loser.gif]
*thumps on desk* Bwaaaaaaaahahahaha!!! COMEDY GOLD, bro!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 PM

am glad i got you to smile,it is always good to smile when you feel better,

Old 09-06-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: corvette king

am glad i got you to smile,it is always good to smile when you feel better,
You're a good friend, bro.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:37 PM

RIGHT BACK AT YOU[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]CHEERS

Old 10-27-2006, 02:45 AM

I have to agree (and not because I drive Vetts) it looks like the corvette is just smoking the sub. at will and just lets him pass at the end. I've done that before, after showing a car who's boss for awhile just pulling to the right and letting him go by. Also who cares if someone would rather have a sub. then good for them they could prob. buy two for the price of a vette. But please give them my card and have them call to make an appointment ASAP. I'm an eye doc.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Subaru4u,
I don't have any problem with Subrus if that's what you want. I had a '77 back in the early '80's, couldn't kill it. leaked and smoked like a SOB. Could run it dry but couldn't kill it. Even when the damn starter died you could push start it with one foot out the drivers door.
In this country you can own any car you want, All have their good and bad points. But why, if you have nothing to prove, did you come to a Vette forum looking for a fight? STI is 4WD and designed from off road raceing but a Vette isn't. So if we're gonna compare Apples to Oranges, I have a '85 KX500, that's 1 WD, that'll smoke any STI on or off the road. I love the dirt...let's go out to Starships neck of the woods and I'll show ya.
We try to stay accomidateing here but if sombody walks up and pisses on your leg it's kinda hard to ignore. If you approch others with repect, that's what you'll get in return. If you approch with distaine you get what you deserve.

So keep up the good work, It's respectable performance from your car, but don't put down others because of the cars they choose to drive. Your assumtion that all Vette owners are pompas stuck up jackass' is unfounded. I grew up dirt poor, my Dad was a Coastie and was paid $80.00 a month and had a wife and 5 kids to provide for. Do you know what it's like to be hungry? I do. I have worked my *** off since I was 11, when my folks died, for anything I have now and that ain't much. Some of us are very humble. But again, ....Don't **** on my leg and I won't shoot ya.

After all we didn't come to your site and say..........."Hey!,Look at me......You suck"

Very respectfuly, George Daly

Old 10-27-2006, 03:53 PM

Oh Man
how in the world did I miss this thread. Great replies guys, and I have just decided I need NOT watch the video, I mean why?? You all have made some excellent points. Which i tend to believe much more than the video

I wonder
Hey Subaru4u
are you coming back? [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Subaru4u,
I don't have any problem with Subrus if that's what you want. I had a '77 back in the early '80's, couldn't kill it. leaked and smoked like a SOB. Could run it dry but couldn't kill it. Even when the damn starter died you could push start it with one foot out the drivers door.
In this country you can own any car you want, All have their good and bad points. But why, if you have nothing to prove, did you come to a Vette forum looking for a fight? STI is 4WD and designed from off road raceing but a Vette isn't. So if we're gonna compare Apples to Oranges, I have a '85 KX500, that's 1 WD, that'll smoke any STI on or off the road. I love the dirt...let's go out to Starships neck of the woods and I'll show ya.
We try to stay accomidateing here but if sombody walks up and pisses on your leg it's kinda hard to ignore. If you approch others with repect, that's what you'll get in return. If you approch with distaine you get what you deserve.

So keep up the good work, It's respectable performance from your car, but don't put down others because of the cars they choose to drive. Your assumtion that all Vette owners are pompas stuck up jackass' is unfounded. I grew up dirt poor, my Dad was a Coastie and was paid $80.00 a month and had a wife and 5 kids to provide for. Do you know what it's like to be hungry? I do. I have worked my *** off since I was 11, when my folks died, for anything I have now and that ain't much. Some of us are very humble. But again, ....Don't **** on my leg and I won't shoot ya.

After all we didn't come to your site and say..........."Hey!,Look at me......You suck"

Very respectfuly, George Daly
*mad applause* Great post, George, way to sum up our feelings here. Very eloquently worded, I love it, bro.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=icon_rock.gif] Good shot George, dead aim!!![sm=smiley11.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

My insurance agent came over yesterday afternoon. He has a new STI.
We started talkin' cars, and I said that I have a C3 in the back yard. We went back to look at the "Starship", I pulled the cover off, and the guy's jaw actually dropped. [sm=yikesomg.gif] (I smiled)
After talking cost of upgade and performance, he said, "Man, I'm kicking myself, I could have had a powerful Vette for less than what I've invested in the STI[sm=headbang.gif], and I like the body style of the Vette, so much more."
He said that he's going to keep the STI for a year, then sell it off and go for a Vette.
Gee.....Ya think we have a convert? Hmmmm?
Corvette-1, STI-0

Quick Reply: Vette vs Subaru STi