Go Back  Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site > General > Sights 'N Sounds
Reload this Page >

The War In Iraq: A Soldiers Perspective

Notices
Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

The War In Iraq: A Soldiers Perspective

Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Default The War In Iraq: A Soldiers Perspective

Very well written and drawn story of the day in a soliders life: http://www.break.com/index/the-war-i...rspective.html

Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Default RE: The War In Iraq: A Soldiers Perspective

Hey, Lamont!
Wow, that video gave me chills. Also, made me close my eyes and say a pray for everyone over there. God bless them all.

Thanks for posting this.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharin'! I whole heartedly support out troops, I just wish our congress would. [&o]
If your goin' to fight a war, FIGHT THE FRICKIN' WAR!
We have made the same mistake that we made in Korea, Nam, and several other fights, we played war.
War means, killing people and breakin' things. It's too bad that all those inocent people died in the bombings of Berlin, and Japan, but dang it, war is war!
If your not goin' to use the full extent of your military force, and overwhelming force,don't even get involved.
Ya don't take a knife to a gunfight! Ya bring a bigger gun!
I'd turn the desert into a sheet of glass, it is recycleable.

I'll step down now, the soapbox is now open.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Agreed!

p.s. My father and husband are war veterans and they, and probably all our fighting military, agree with your line of thinking. Just let them do what they were trained for and what they were sent there to do.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

...... give 'em the tools they need to do the job right, and finalize the situation.
Everytime they take out one of our Hum-V's, take out a city, everything, and everyone in it. I mean, LEVEL IT TO THE GROUND ! In fact, pull our troops back, send in the Airforce, and let's put and end to this nonsence.I think Iran, the Arab nations,and Korea would have to change their.....uh.......shorts. (or what ever they wear) Peace or pieces, the choice is theirs.
By the way, I'm throwin' my hat in the ring for President of the U. S. A.
I was once asked to run, and have decided I could do no worse, and might even
get it right from time to time.So,.....what have ya got too lose? At least I have what it takes to meet the challengesfrom the bullies of the world. One of our greatest presidents said, "Walk softly and carry big stick". I say, "Walk with determination, a heavy step, and I'm carryin' the military might of the U. S. I want them to know it'sthe U. S. A.comming".Shock and Awe, schmidt. Duck and run suckas, but you can't hide!

Next, I'm takin' on immigration. [:@]
Ithink I mightstart a post, for just that subject.

C3 Starship for president.....
"AVette in every garage, and fresh whole milk for the kiddies."

Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Hey Dave -
Have you checked your email? I sent you, Scottie and George and update on Rich. I need to talk to you guys. Email me back when you can.

RJ