Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

Lee's speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Lee's speed

Thanks, Can't wait to see it. Cheers

Old 04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Yeah, let me get some pictures of the Camaro. It's sort of very nice in a bad boy, anti-social kind of way, but it's not that easy to drive on the street -- I recommend anyone think before putting a locker rear axle on a street driveable car, at least if they expect to cruise in it -- and riding in it gets pretty old after about 30 minutes -- the noise, fumes and rock-like ride.
OOOO... Ya Lee!!!
I'd love to see some pics of your ground burner![sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Sounds like the kinda ride most people, like ME, only dream about! [sm=hail.gif]

Old 04-30-2007, 04:26 PM

I love Camaro's, and I love Lee's Corvette. Dude, you are the real deal, in my books. Hard-core muscle car enthusiast! My hat is tipped to you good sir!!!

I would love to see some photos or video of that Camaro, bro!!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 PM

I'll try to get some this weekend. It's over at my son's house so he can replace an idler pulley, and we've agreed it will stay there -- I'm about to give him the title to it: he races it and he works on it and it will still be in the family.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

That's cool...I.m quite sure he'll respect it with all the time you two have in it. I wish my Dad gave my a screaming muscle car when I was a kid....but then again...I probably wouldn't be here now.... not the sharpest knife in the drawer, ya know......LOL.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Well, myyoungestis 25, service manager at a Ford dealership, and pretty responsible -- bought his own house, started a 401k at 24, etc. -- seems to have his head on right, and he and can rebuild anything including a TurboHydramatic transmission, so I figure he can handlethe car in all ways. Bascially, I don't drive it that much, have no place to keep it, and he loves it, so it's the thing to do.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

So Daddy Willis,.......need a place to keep your Vette?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 AM

It seems to like just where it stays now, thank you very much. I had to get the Camaro out of the driveway, my wife was insistent that we have only as many cars as garage spaces. Maybe I can build a new garage, but only afterI first remodel the kitchen - Ugh, but only fair, it's"her turn" for the next big expense.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

I have a solution for ya......
Build another garage WITH a kitchen in it.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I'll try to get some this weekend. It's over at my son's house so he can replace an idler pulley, and we've agreed it will stay there -- I'm about to give him the title to it: he races it and he works on it and it will still be in the family.
You seem to have it all. Smart in cars, all these hot rods $$$ and a good family. You seem lucky. I just hate for your luck to run out with these post about speeding. Becareful.

Quick Reply: Lee's speed