Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

Metallic Gray Viper

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Default Metallic Gray Viper

Was out in the 'vette today just minding my own business, tooling down a long US Highway (not an Interstate)doingabout 50, justletting the engine rumble andenjoying a beautiful if warm North Carolina Sunday morningwhen I saw a gray Viper coming up behind me, very fast. He braked hard and came right up behind the rear bumper, then darted alongside -- he looked at me a bit funny -- I don't think he was paying attention and didn't realize it wasn'ta stock 'vette until he was alongside: sort of too late then.

Anyway, I won't embellish the tale: it was definately not an epic race and no speeds over 100 were involved: it just didn't take that long.He stayed alongside as I slowed downto about 40 (I wanted to be in second gear, just above the top speed in first) and we went. The vette had trouble getting traction and we just stayed side-by-side for about a second. Then the drag radials heated and hooked and it wasover just like that-- maybe four-five lengths on him in three seconds. I slowed and let him come up behind and get a good look at the license plate, and then moved on down the road, with him just lagging slowly behind.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
ljg
Default RE: Metallic Gray Viper

NICE!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

I love it Lee! Great kill!
Ought ta call ya "Mongoose"!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:17 PM

LOL, I love it!!!! Some tool in a gray viper gts took up 4 parking spots out side of my work. I wanted to park infront of him and my buddy park behind him to block him in. Worst part of it was it was a frickin viper gts not even a vipersrt 10,talk about weak and being full of your self.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 AM

I have to admit the whole thing was very satisfying: particularly since this jerk blew up behind me in a very intimidating way and I just killed him dead in seconds.

I like Vipers - not as much as 'vettes, whichI particularlyrespect because they are a pretty balanced design meant for diaiy driving, somethingDodgehas never claimed for the Viper. Still, they are nice cars. Frankly, I'm not a fan of most Viper owners, although I realize i projecting prejudices based on a few people I have met, and the car's image, onto Viper owners in general. No doubt there are a few real enthusiasts out there, but the majority of viper owners I've met seemed to know less about cars than I would have thought, and to be, personality wise, rather like bullies.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know Lee, that's the same impression I had about Vette owners, until I got my own and met the fine folks here on CF.
I haven't met any Viper owners yet, but I'll give 'em the bennefit of the doubt 'til they show otherwise. No offence, but I have met some real....uh......"prime" Porsche owners. [:'(](and "Stangers" too.)

Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 PM

I guess you're right. But I met several real sour Viper owners at the last JayCees car show last year and that sort of put me off on them in general. Whoever this guy I met up with was, however, he was a bit of a jerk, but it doesn't mean next Viper owner I run into won't be a gentleman (or a lady).