Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

My vette vs R6 crotch rocket

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Default My vette vs R6 crotch rocket

Tonight my buddy and I were out tooling around, he was on his R6 with minor upgrades, exhaust and otherminor bolt-onsand I was in my vette. He wanted to do a couple of runs and I was like what ever your going to beat the living crap out of me. Well the first run was from a roll of around 20mph and he was already a bit infront of me when we both gunned it. We went up to about 75 mph is all and I stuck right on his tail(I wasn't behind him I was in the lane next to him). The second race we got stopped at a light and again I thought he was going to kill me since it was from a dig. The opposite happened, I nailed it with almost no tire spin and had a perfect shift into 2nd gear, westopped again around 80mph. By that time he was atleast 1/2 a car behind me and I think if we would have kept going he would have fallen further back. I was just wondering if anyone else kind of forgets how fast their car really is? I drive mine everyday and tendto forget what it can actually do when I"get on it".Does anyone know what an R6 would run the 1/4 in at altitude?
EDIT: From what I have found they seem to run 11.6's stock. Not sure where that data is from exactly but I'll assume sea level.
Name:  joshbike.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  22.3 KB VS
Name:  vetteedit.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  101.4 KB

Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My vette vs R6 crotch rocket

That's pretty COOL!
A lot of people underestimate what a Vette can do.
I know of a C3, that took a Crotch Rocket in the twisties.
I see this Vette every day.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM

Back when my 'vette had only 590 RWHP and my son had is crotch rocket (a 900cc something or other Japanese thing), we ran several times. The vette would always win -- from a stop, from a roll, it didn't matter and it was no close although it was not a slaughter, either) -- and I always had his girlfriend in my car at the time, too.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Back when my 'vette had only 590 RWHP and my son had is crotch rocket (a 900cc something or other Japanese thing), we ran several times. The vette would always win -- from a stop, from a roll, it didn't matter and it was no close although it was not a slaughter, either) -- and I always had his girlfriend in my car at the time, too.
Good stuff Lee, no way I could run with a 900cc though.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM

What a cool story, bro!! Yeppers; you've got yerself one fast motor scooter there, no doubt about it!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

What a cool story, bro!! Yeppers; you've got yerself one fast motor scooter there, no doubt about it!
Just fast enough to get me into trouble.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Bwaaaaaahahaha!! Yeh, that's more than any of us can ask for outta life, eh? Great post.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

I must be smoking some bad crack or soemething. I swore I saw the Original poster of this thread has administator under his name. Tell me I am making a mistake but I know I saw administrator under his name the other day.I feel stupid already

Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 PM

The R6 depending on the year with a good rider should be into the high 10's, I had a zx6r and it would get low 11's but Iwasn't good at the 1/4 mile back then. I ride a Busa now and get low ten's but should be in the mid 9's. Again, I am not a great drag racer. I just like to try it once in a while. Currently debating trading the Busa for a 1980 C3

Old 07-09-2007, 03:06 AM

ORIGINAL: bruiserman

The R6 depending on the year with a good rider should be into the high 10's, I had a zx6r and it would get low 11's but Iwasn't good at the 1/4 mile back then. I ride a Busa now and get low ten's but should be in the mid 9's. Again, I am not a great drag racer. I just like to try it once in a while. Currently debating trading the Busa for a 1980 C3

No way my car is running high 10s. I could see with a good driver low to mid 11's though depending on the conditions. I think it will be a good race everytime between him and I. He is a decent rider and im an ok driver. Also we are racing at 5280 feet above sea level, I would think his bike would be affected more than my car because he is N/A and I'm F/I but I could be wrong.