Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

My vette vs R6 crotch rocket

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: My vette vs R6 crotch rocket

Your elevation does make a big difference but check these #'s out http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...s/index10.html

if the link works you can see the #'s for r6's back to 99. Notice that all are under 11 seconds. Just so you know these 600cc sportbikes are no slouches. You are right though that elevation would make those numbers a bit higher.
You can also check out any 1/4 mile times for almost any sportbike on there. It has my Hayabusa on there at 10.02. I guess my 10.5 @ 140 isn't that bad after all. By the way, I am debating on trading my Busa for a C3.What do you guys think? Am I crazy if Itrade or crazy not to trade. I am sure some answers would be bias but what do you all think.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM

I think with good drag radials, practices, and a bit of abuse at launch, you could probably get into the low 11s (11.4, 11.3?) at sea level.

Just curious if you ever take your car over any of the passes west of you, the SCr would help a bit but still, it must suck (literally) to be in such thin air.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I think with good drag radials, practices, and a bit of abuse at launch, you could probably get into the low 11s (11.4, 11.3?) at sea level.

Just curious if you ever take your car over any of the passes west of you, the SCr would help a bit but still, it must suck (literally) to be in such thin air.
My girly and I go up to breckenridge quite often and I really don't notice much of a difference going through the pass. To answer your question I have never actually taken the vette over any of the major passes though.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: bruiserman

Your elevation does make a big difference but check these #'s out http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...s/index10.html

if the link works you can see the #'s for r6's back to 99. Notice that all are under 11 seconds. Just so you know these 600cc sportbikes are no slouches. You are right though that elevation would make those numbers a bit higher.
You can also check out any 1/4 mile times for almost any sportbike on there. It has my Hayabusa on there at 10.02. I guess my 10.5 @ 140 isn't that bad after all. By the way, I am debating on trading my Busa for a C3.What do you guys think? Am I crazy if Itrade or crazy not to trade. I am sure some answers would be bias but what do you all think.
I love bikes but would never get rid of my car for one. With a few more upgrades and some forged internals my car will be keeping up with your 10.5's.I would say get the vette, bikes are cheap and you can always get another one.Also I have raced 2 750 gsxr's from rolls around 25mph and they didn't pull away from me at all. I did race one of the 750s from a dig and he put about 1 1/2 cars on me by the time we stoped.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: bruiserman

EDIT: NM